"The Gateway to China" Guangzhou by jlee008
Guangzhou Travel Guide: 979 reviews and 2,333 photos
Guangzhou is the capitol of Guangdong Province in southern China. Development of the city started in the 1920s and it has since flourished since. At the end of the First Opium War between China and the United Kingdom, Guangzhou was one of five ports opened by the Treaty of Nanjing in 1842. It is now part of one of China's leading economic regions known as the Pearl River Delta.
With its model gardens styled in the traditional Chinese manner to its economic strength, Guangzhou is what the Chinese would like to envision as a blueprint for other cities.
Don't miss the many sites that touch on Chinese history. Guangzhou is most well-known all throughout China as having the most amazing edible delicacies that one can imagine. This is certainly true and I challenge you to try some dim sum and have some amazing food at some of its restaurants.
- Pros:Nice city, lots of shopping, lots of sites, easy transporation
- In a nutshell:Great city, very cosmopolitan and indicative of free trade
This is a small island located on the Pearl River. It was occupied by the French and the British during the Opium Wars... more travel advice
Since I traveled to China, I noticed how much Buddism is really a large part of the culture. They take their temples... more travel advice
jlee008's Related Pages
Guangzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nuthin' But a "GZ" Thang"
- "Guangzhou - From back in the day....."
- "Guangzhou - My Chinese Home"
- "The Gateway to China"
- "Joe Cooper's Guangzhou Page"
- "Guangzhou (广州)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guangzhou
- Hotels in Guangzhou
- Transportation in Guangzhou
- Nightlife in Guangzhou
- Restaurants in Guangzhou
- Shopping in Guangzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Guangzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guangzhou
- 19 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Guangzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guangzhou
Photos in GuangzhouSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 45 reviews, 27 photos
- Venice Intro, 22 reviews, 15 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 19 reviews, 13 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 16 reviews, 6 photos
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Munich Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Taishan Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Rome Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos