"Portofino - Italian Riviera" Portofino by jlee008
Portofino Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 450 photos
When you think of Portofino, images of high society pop into your head. This certainly is true of Portofino. There is exquisite dining and couture shopping. It is not for the meek of money.
What is lacks in touristy sites it makes up for it in its glamourous and opulent surroundings. Have lunch, climb up to the lighthouse, and visit the church, but there isn't much else interesting in Portofino.
However, do have some gelato and have a nice lunch or dinner by the water. Do be aware of the serenaders, however, they expect to be tipped for their services.
Do hike around the surrounding areas, it is nice.
- Pros:Pretty and nice
- Cons:Not much activity and air of snobbery
- In a nutshell:Go to see it, but don't stay the night
There is an abundance of hiking activities that are sponsored by the Italian National Parks. The hikes vary in length... more travel advice
jlee008's Related Pages
Portofino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portofino - a scenic place in Liguria !!"
- "Portofino - Jewel of the Italian Riviera"
- "A gem tucks in Ligurian coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portofino
- Hotels in Portofino
- Transportation in Portofino
- Restaurants in Portofino
- Shopping in Portofino
- See All...
Explore the World
- Corfu Island
- Cayo Caracoles Hotels
- Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Harvey Hotels
- Rincon de Guayabitos
- Cocody Hotels
- Baby Rocks Hotels
- Hunt Valley
- Orangeville Hotels
- La Floresta Pearson Hotels
- Jazirat Hawar
Badges & Stats in Portofino
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Portofino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portofino
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 45 reviews, 27 photos
- Venice Intro, 22 reviews, 15 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 19 reviews, 13 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 16 reviews, 6 photos
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Munich Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Taishan Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Rome Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos