"Blausee or The Blue Lake" Blausee by barbskie
Blausee Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 24 photos
Actually, we only stopped here for lunch. Our main destination was up to Kandersteg though the weather was not friendly that day (2nd Aug) and thought of staying overnight there. But the continuing rainfalls and the surprising hailstorms with thunders stocked us right there where we ate!
This Nature Park is a 22 hectares big, traffic-free natural paradise with enchanted paths. It has a deep-blue crystal clear lake illuminated by night. A glass-bottom boat for a short boating is stationed for every guest. Barbecue places available with firewoods and adventure playing spaces for kids or even the adults....why not! There is a museum, a small cottage where expositions of Blausee history could be seen. The large alpine organic trout farm is also open for public viewing. It has a large restaurant, Pizzeria, bistro at the lake with take away snacks. Also a hotel with 18 romantic and individual rooms available. Has Spa services , Conference facilities and shop. Free parking spaces.
The legend why the lake is blue:......Once there was a young couple, long long ago, who spent many summer evenings at the lake amidst the green and thick forest of Kanderground. The water is very clear like any other lakes and they enjoyed every meeting and dreaming their young love. According to the wrtings on the signboard; the sudden death of the young boy brought the girl in deep sorrow and pain then she ran to the lake crying until she fell dow into the water losing her life. Her tears turned the lake into blue, thus a statue of her was made .
- In a nutshell:A tranquil area!
A large sun-protected terrace restaurant offering delicious meals with homemade organic trouts. It has a romantic... more travel advice
It's just a little lake but a short boating rounds up your visit. No extra charges. It is included in the entrance fee... more travel advice
barbskie's Related Pages
Blausee Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Blausee
- 5 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Blausee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blausee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 467 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrevieja Intro, 58 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torrelamata Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues