Zürich Shopping Tips by barbskie Top 5 Page for this destination
Zürich Shopping: 73 reviews and 109 photos
The new shopping miles in Zurich opened almost a year now. It seems that it is quiet here nowadays but a visit is worthdoing. This is a unique shopping center built into the arches of one of Zurichs' historic, but still fully operational railway bridges. Just come, whether it is to shop or just to eat in the restaurant and soak up to a different atmosphere of outing. For kids, there is a large playground behind the arches. To those who prefer to have only a walk after a visit, just go up the steps between the arches and enjoy a pleasant stroll. Get ready with your travel gear, a capture of passing trains is a must.
Let's start in the Markthalle, packed wall-to-wall with exclusive little stalls and shops stocked with carefully sourced fresh produce like English cheese and pies, fresh fruits from Camerun, Swiss specialties, fish vareity at the Austern Bar, beautiful flowers, fresh fine breads and pastries and so on.
The best area inside located at the end of the hall is the Restaurant Markthalle where we could enjoy a cup of coffee with a fine piece of cake :) or stop for lunch or dinner or enjoy a drink at the Bar. This restaurant is unique because it boasts a menu developed weekly from fresh produce available in the market.
Furthermore, are sport shops to trendy casual wears like Companys and Big, to elegant evening dresses, shirts and shoes, books, and even a Caritas and a secondhand shops.
I'm glad, i found a new place to go now and then with my family and to meet friends.
What to buy: We bought exotic fruits from Camerun, British cheese and freshly baked Paraform bread
What to pay: reasonable to expensive
Address: Limmatstrasse 231, 8005 Zurich
Directions: Kreis 5 (District 5)
How to go there:
Tram 4 or 13 (tram stop "Dammweg")
The area is lined with shops and boutiques and restaurants. Every one love this place. You'll find almost everything. Just explore and have patience. The small shops and narrow streets reminds you of a real old town atmosphere.
Perfumes and co.
Good shopping alternative during weekends, holidays and late evenings.
Monday to Friday opens at 8:00 to 21:00.
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, from 9:00 to 20:00.
Open everyday ( except on Christmas Day).
What to buy: Everything what a tourist needs during their journey.
Address: Railway Mainstation underground
Sihlcity is the old Sihl Paper Factory now a home to the innovative realization of an urban vision. A blend of traditional and modern architecture and a multitude of uses are what give the new district a unique appeal. The towering chimney, once the paper factory's landmark and now that Sihlcity, the focal point around which restaurants, bars and cafés, shops, cinemas, galleries, nightclubs, a wellness center, a hotel and various services and apartments are assembled. It is located on the southern edge of the city which offers 100’000 square meters of shopping pleasure, gastronomical highlights, extravagant apartments, business premises and cultural delights. Around 80 shops make Sihlcity the new shopper's paradise inZurich. Enjoy sometime for relaxation or a recovery from shopping or so in Asia Spa, the Wellness Center.
Not only for shoppers but also for night owls, who wants to enjoy an unforgetable cinematic experience in the Arena Filmpalast with 9 movie theaters. The Trend Club will impress clubbers with unique architecture, international DJs and an extensive events program.
Stores: Mo–Sa 9–20 Uhr
Kinderparadies: Mo–Sa 9–20 Uhr
Mall: accessible from 9–24 Uhr
What to buy: A broad spectrum of shopping facilities from ready-to-wear- clothes, shoes and sport gears from a no name or brand names. foods and fresh vegetables, flowers and etc.
Directions: Tram # 5 from Belevue and Tram #13 from Bahnhofquai till Bus stop Utobrücke
Sihltalbahn S4 From Mainstation(HB) to Trainstop Saalsporthalle
If you are looking for some English products for present or a gift for yourself, don't miss this shop at Rennweg. I like the cozy atmosphere especially during this time of the year.......when Christmastime is fast approaching. Beautiful and lovely gifts for her, gifts for him, hand care gifts, spa Gifts, for bath lovers, for home and many more. Toys and decors can be purchased too.
Address: Rennweg 25 8001 Zürich
Directions: Kreis 1/Lindenhof near the Mainstreet
can't say never....Sprüngli
One of the most important and famous confectionery producers in the country. Truffes, pralines, luxemburgerlis, pastries and many more. The name "Sprüngli" is widely spread out in the country and there are other brances around the city, like at the Mainstreet.
Fine Swiss chocos. You can also purchase big packs with reasonable prices right at the factory. There are also other sweeties available. They also accept requests for special wrappings of your choice for presents. Chocolate lovers, you are well served here.
What to buy: Big packs of chocolates, and other sweet items.
Address: Alte Winterthurerstrasse 7, 8304 Wallisellen
Directions: Halba Chocolate Factory, Wallisellen
Phone: 01 877 16 30
Fair trade products. Women, it is worth visiting or for men who are looking for some presents ;)
Directions: Near Migros Markt
Zurich Airport is also a Cosmopolitan Center which covers many attractive shops including grocery store like Migros. Here is a must for travellers, employees and a simply visitors who wants to experience its special blend of multicultural, cosmopolitan and travel-induced excitement. Delightful cafes and restaurants are also in this area. Popular shops like Navyboot, Esprit, Swarovski, Switcher, Tom Tailor and etc. For quickies a McDonald Resti and other fast food shops . Come and discover the place , whether you're on leaving or just spend a visit during your stay in Zurich.
What to buy: Variety of items in Outlet Store at Check-in level.
Address: Zurich Airport, Kloten
Young people's fashion and for young at heart with reasonable prices.
Address: Bahnhofstrasse 65, 8001 Zurich
Theme: Women's Clothes
More Reviews (105)
- See All Rickshaw Zurich/Bike Taxi
- See All something different.....
- Long fingers!
- See All Annual Christmas Market
barbskie's Related Pages
Zürich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Zürich - my hometown"
- "My Züri Page"
- "Zurich - Metropolis between lakes and mountains"
- "The world's capital of understatement"
- "ZURICH OR DAVOS?"
- "Opera and cycling in Zürich"
- "Miär liäbed Züri... - We love Zurich"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zürich
- Hotels in Zürich
- Transportation in Zürich
- Nightlife in Zürich
- Restaurants in Zürich
- Shopping in Zürich
- Warnings and Dangers in Zürich
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Quezon
- Batangas City
- Grand Bahama Island Hotels
- Panama City Beach
- Jammu Hotels
- Iraq Hotels
- Scarborough Hotels
Badges & Stats in Zürich
- 117 Reviews
- 460 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Zürich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zürich
- updated a Zürich Travel Page "My Züri Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mini VT meet in Zurich down to Rapperswil"
- Wrote a Review Rickshaw Zurich/Bike Taxi in Zürich Things to Do
- Commented on one of jorgec25's Zürich travel pages
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Switzerland ...where to go,..."
- Uploaded a Video to Zürich
Photos in ZürichSee All Photos (460)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 467 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrevieja Intro, 58 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torrelamata Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (91)
Latest Zürich hotel reviews
- Baur au Lac
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Swissotel Zurich
- 494 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Senator Hotel
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Dolder Grand Hotel
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Ibis Zurich City West
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Etap Hotel Zurich City West
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Renaissance Zurich Hotel
- 213 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport
- 382 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Moevenpick Hotel Zurich-Airport
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Alexander Guesthouse
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hotel St. Josef
- 223 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Hotel Bristol
- 235 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- iPR Guestroom Bed and Breakfast
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 22, 2012
- Hotel Ascot
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Hotel Krone Limmatquai
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Lake Zürich- 52 Reviews, 84 Photos
- Bahnhofstrasse- 35 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Uetliberg- 16 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Churches - Grossmünster- 58 Reviews, 137 Photos
- Lindenhof- 28 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Buildings in Zürich- 32 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Chocolate factory tours- 6 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Churches - Fraumünster- 39 Reviews, 81 Photos
- Shopping/Wandering the streets- 22 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Swiss National Museum- 23 Reviews, 47 Photos
See All Zürich Things to Do