"My Züri Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich by barbskie
Zürich Travel Guide: 1,919 reviews and 5,735 photos
Vibrant and dynamic city situated near the lake with stunning views of the Swiss alps rising nearby. It is only 10 minutes from Unique International Airport in Kloten. Zurich shapes the economy and cultural life of Switzerland both in equal measure. Those financial and cultural importance and historic centres are compact enough to be explored by foot. One of the most familiar and popular spots are the two churches facing solemnly each other across the River Limmat (Grossmünster and Fraumünster), St. Peter Church, the National Museum and its very own mountain Uetliberg . The River Limmat winds through the town, dividing the city in half. Colorful window boxes with hanging flowers or greens adorning the brick apartment buildings, museums, old buildings and more, attracts many foreign visitors and the local ones as well. The lakeside is one of the city's pride with its grassy parks and gardens that serves as a hive of activity during summer months. The Arboretum within the city are also popular as a meeting places for everyone.
Zürich boasts streets for exclusive shopping like the famous Bahnhofstrasse/Mainstation), Rennweg, the old town and many department stores.
There are abundance of restaurants for every taste, cool and trendy to noble gourmet temples.
Also a hotspot for ravers and party goers....like the yearly Streetparade which locks people from in and out of the country, same as for classical music or jazz lovers and for theatre and opera fans as well.
For sightseeing, Zürich has also various of tours and trails to offer in or outside the city. Like a day tour to Luzern or Titlis, a trip to Rhine Falls, Rapperswil, Felsenegg , Uetliberg and many others. just inquire at the Tourist Info Centers
And eco-friendly city tours, 100% guaranteed by Butler Beat. Operating until October to a first class insider tips on... more travel advice
Prime Tower an octagon-shaped building and considered the tallest building in Switzerland stands with its 126 meter... more travel advice
barbskie's Related Pages
Zürich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Zürich - my hometown"
- "My Züri Page"
- "Zurich - Metropolis between lakes and mountains"
- "The world's capital of understatement"
- "ZURICH OR DAVOS?"
- "Opera and cycling in Zürich"
- "Miär liäbed Züri... - We love Zurich"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zürich
- Hotels in Zürich
- Transportation in Zürich
- Nightlife in Zürich
- Restaurants in Zürich
- Shopping in Zürich
- Warnings and Dangers in Zürich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zürich
- 117 Reviews
- 460 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Zürich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zürich
- updated a Zürich Travel Page "My Züri Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mini VT meet in Zurich down to Rapperswil"
- Wrote a Review Rickshaw Zurich/Bike Taxi in Zürich Things to Do
- Commented on one of jorgec25's Zürich travel pages
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Switzerland ...where to go,..."
- Uploaded a Video to Zürich
Photos in ZürichSee All Photos (460)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 467 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrevieja Intro, 58 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torrelamata Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues