"Negros Occidental" Province of Negros Occidental by barbskie
Province of Negros Occidental Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 321 photos
One of the provinces of the Philippines in the Western Visayas region. Its capital is Bacolod City and occupies at the northwestern half of the island. At the southeastern half is Negros Oriental. To the northwest of the island across the Panay Gulf and the Guimaras Strait, is the island province of Guimaras and the province of Iloilo on Panay island.
The people living both in Occidental and Oriental are called "Negrosanons".
Predominantly, a Hiligaynon speaking province but on the eastern side facing the island of Cebu speaks Cebuano and the southern part of the island as well. Today, most Negrosanon understand both languages.
Once known as the "The Sugarbowl of the Philippines" since sugar industry is the lifeblood of the economy of Negros Occidental, producing more than half of the country's sugar. There are 15 sugar centrals located throughout the plains of the province.The north and western parts of the province are largely composed of plains and gentle slopes. A mountain range lines the eastern part of the province forming the basis of the border with Negros Oriental.
This region is endowed with beautiful natural scenery and attractions, rich historical and cultural heritage as well as festivals and events that make it an attractive tourist destination. The gentle, affectionate and fun-loving nature of its people, their gracious hospitality and natural knack for entertaining, including their delectable cuisine complete the elements that make for a wonderful experience worth coming back.
Just read this report today which make me very proud of my province:
Saturday, January 19, 2008
A dream come true!
FRIDAY'S grand opening of the New Bacolod Airport in Barangay Bagtic, Silay City is not an ordinary day for Silaynons.
"Having an airport now is a dream come true for Silaynons," said Mayor Jose "Oti" Montelibano in a media interview.
This Cebu Pacific's Airbus A320 was the first commercial plane to touch down the tarmac of the New Bacolod (Silay) Airport in Bagtic, Silay at past 6 a.m. Friday. (Sun.Star Bacolod/Sunnex)
Enjoy the sea with its clear waters and the beach far from traffic. A secluded place seems like your own private... more travel advice
barbskie's Related Pages
Province of Negros Occidental Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Negros Occidental: Sugarland of the Philippines"
- "Negros Occidental"
- "Province of Negros Occidental"
- "Negros Occidental, Philippines"
- "Mambucal Resort"
- "My Tour Around the Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Negros Occidental
- Hotels in Province of Negros Occidental
- Transportation in Province of Negros Occidental
- Nightlife in Province of Negros Occidental
- Restaurants in Province of Negros Occidental
- Shopping in Province of Negros Occidental
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Negros Occidental
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Province of Negros Occidental?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Negros Occidental
Photos in Province of Negros OccidentalSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 467 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrevieja Intro, 58 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torrelamata Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues