"Cuenca" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca by barbskie
Cuenca Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 530 photos
If i hear the word "Cuenca", my first impression is the Casas Colgadas, the Cathedral, Ciudad Encantada.
But this province in the region of Castilla-La Mancha, has more to offer. A large variety of natural spots and landscapes are not rare owing to its extensive size (17,000 sq.km.) Also villages flavored with intimate palaces, noble houses and castles are found in this province, bordering to the east with the Valencian region and to the west the region of Madrid. I have also noticed that the soil in this province is somewhat reddish in color.
The mountainous zones are abundant natural areas awash in the many tributaries of the Tajo River. Extremely beautiful landscapes defined by impressives gorges, imposing canyons, narrow passes and rapids offer as an enjoyment of the surroundings. Outdoor activities are not rare like, caving, horseback riding, rappelling, kayaking, rock climbing,hiking (which i love most), hang-gliding and many more. The province has protected natural parks, towns with noble beginnings, narrow streets and plazas and some architectural heritage.
Its gastronomy is made up of variety of dishes to delight your palate.
The town of Cuenca, the Eagle’s Nest, is composed of two parts: The Modern and the Historical. On December 7, 1996, the city was considered a World Heritage site by the UNESCO. Rising up from the parched countryside of Castilla-La Mancha, a well-preserved medieval town perched above the deep gorges of Jùcar and Huecar. I have noticed, that the buildings here are constructed differently compared to the southern coasts. Its climate has made the difference.
The bus(# 1 and 2) is commuting regularly from the Plaza Mayor to El Castillo=the Panorama point of Cuenca. more travel advice
As we drove from the Enchanted City towards the city, we passed by the municipality of Villalba de la Sierra stopping at... more travel advice
barbskie's Related Pages
Cuenca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The old town on the rocks."
- "Cuenca es única"
- "Cuenca - a mountainous beauty"
- "Entre dos ríos"
- "Cuenca - See a different side of Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cuenca
- Hotels in Cuenca
- Transportation in Cuenca
- Nightlife in Cuenca
- Restaurants in Cuenca
- Shopping in Cuenca
- Warnings and Dangers in Cuenca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cuenca
- 15 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Cuenca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cuenca
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 467 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrevieja Intro, 58 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torrelamata Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues