"Mallorca Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island by barbskie
Majorca Island Travel Guide: 651 reviews and 1,284 photos
Mallorca is typically Mediterranean with hot, dry summers in the high 20°s (low 80°Fs) and mild winters, with the temperatures roughly half that of summer. The sea regulates extreme temperatures and pleasant sea breezes keep a pleasant hot days . The island experiences irregular rainfall, mostly tending to fall between autumn and winter. Palma de Mallorca is the capital city and the main centre. There are many things to discover here like its Gothic architectures, hilltop villages, olive groves, hidden beaches and coves, castles and etc. Not only for summer party freaks and sun-tanning tourists. Also known as paradise for well-to-do and celebrities. The northwest coast has its gorgeous Serra de Tramuntana mountain ranges.
Once a small fishing village which started adapting the increase of the tourist boom dates back only in the early 1960's. It is 15-20 mins away from the airport, about 7 kilometers from the capital city and has a beautiful beach beside a very picturesque harbour and marina which is the home of many yachts and pleasure craft.
The resort offers a nice beach, cafes, restaurants,shops and accomodations are not of shortage.Hotel Balmes(where we stay) is just a short distance from this point.
- Pros:very clean
- In a nutshell:more than party, beaches and sunbathing!!!!
It is about half an hour drive from Palma airport. Bus, railway and tram services have good connections to Soller town,... more travel advice
During the month of March is the weather very changeable. Sweaters, light coats and closed shoes has always place in... more travel advice
barbskie's Related Pages
Majorca Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL ISLAND OF MALLORCA."
- "Majorca, a European paradise"
- "8 million people a year can't be wrong !"
- "Mallorca Island"
- "Mallorca - a great island"
- "Majorcan Meanders"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Majorca Island
- Hotels in Majorca Island
- Transportation in Majorca Island
- Nightlife in Majorca Island
- Restaurants in Majorca Island
- Shopping in Majorca Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Majorca Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Majorca Island
- 23 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Majorca Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Majorca Island
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Switzerland ...where to go,..."
- Wrote a Review Soller Coast about Soller & Puerto de Soller in Majorca Island Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Soller Coast"
- updated a Majorca Island Travel Page "Mallorca Island"
- Commented on one of Finrod's Majorca Island travel pages
Photos in Majorca IslandSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 467 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrevieja Intro, 58 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torrelamata Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues