"Tabarca Island" Isla de Tabarca by barbskie
Isla de Tabarca Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 25 photos
A guitar shaped island located almost in the middle of the Mediterranian Coast of Spain is a prolonged cape of Santa Pola with a total area of 30 hectares. It is declared as a Natural Marine Reserve with its spectacular marine life. Accessible by boats from Torrevieja, Guardamar, Santa Pola or Alicante.
The island derived from a Tunesian name dates back many centuries ago. In 1741, the King of Tunesia invaded the island and took the people living there as his prisoners, who were from Genoa ,north of Italy.
Later, they became thr prisoners of the Sultan of Argelia. In 1768, Carlos III, the King of Spain, paid fee and freed them. They stayed on to make the island a military lookout, especially from the pirates who used the island to attack the White Coast(Costa Blanca)
Here is known to its best prepared and popular fish dishes like "Caldero", stewed fish prepared in a huge metal kettle... more travel advice
barbskie's Related Pages
Isla de Tabarca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tabarca Island"
- "Isla de Tabarca, Spain"
- "A sunny day at sea"
- "Tabarca Island"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de Tabarca
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Isla de Tabarca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Tabarca
Photos in Isla de TabarcaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 467 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrevieja Intro, 58 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torrelamata Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues