"The Capital of Malaysia" Kuala Lumpur by barbskie
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 5,923 reviews and 13,230 photos
Located on the west coast of Peninsula of Malaysia in a valley surrounded by jagged hills. Originally a mining settlement in the late 1800s where tin was discovered at the confluence of the Klang and Gombak rivers. KL's tin trade has declined since the prosperity of the city has continued to grow. It is the political and cultural centre of the nation. During our visit, the city was incomparable of todays image. Our stay was too short to explore the place. Yet, we enjoyed shopping .
Nowadays, KL leads Malaysia's fast paced development in trade and commerce, banking and finance, manufacturing, transportation, information technology and tourism. Malaysia is considered one of the fastest growing country in South-East Asia. Kuala Lumpur has plenty to offer in terms of sights like these famous landmarks; the Petronas Twin Towers at the heart of the city, one of the modern marvels of the world. and Towers called Menara (Malay for "tower") 1 and 2, and until October 2003, they were the tallest buildings in the world.
I hope there will be a second time for me to revisit this beautiful KL
Batu Caves, a well known Hindu temple discovered way back in 1892, close to Kuala Lumpur with its 272 steps. It is... more travel advice
barbskie's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Switzerland ...where to go,..."
- Commented on one of Gillybob's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sultan Abdul Samad Building about Sultan Abdul Samad Building in Kuala Lumpur Things to Do
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "The Capital of Malaysia"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Capital of Malaysia"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 467 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrevieja Intro, 58 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torrelamata Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (91)
Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews
- Hotel China Town 2
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Pan Pacific Kuala Lumpur International
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Anggun Boutique Hotel
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Carcosa Seri Negara
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur International Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Mandarin Pacific Hotel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013
- Corona Inn
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- StayOrange.com Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2011
- Winsin Hotel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 4, 2013
- Equator Hostel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 23, 2012
- Putrajaya Shangri-La
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Chinatown Boutique Hotel
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013