"Venice of the Orient" Top 5 Page for this destination Tongli by yipsufen
Tongli Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 228 photos
Tongli, a town on water. It is the largest water village in Jiangsu Province. The most famous scenery here are small bridges over the flowing water. All homes here were built in traditional Chinese style. The local residents live in a simple lifestyle. Tongli is a combination of the beauty of towns & villages in the river regions in China.
Some of the recommended attractions are Tuisi Private Garden, Songben Hall, Jiayin Hall & three famous auspicious bridges which will be introduced later on.
For more details, please go to www.china-tongli.com. Available in English version.
- Pros:A well-preserved water town untouched by urban modernisation.
- Cons:Basic amenities are still lacking.
- In a nutshell:Small bridges over flowing water.
If you like to experience the traditional chinese wedding, you can try sitting in a sedan chair lifted by two people.... more travel advice
There are more than 40 old bridges in this old town. The most famous are Bridge of Peace, Bridge of Auspicious & Bridge... more travel advice
yipsufen's Related Pages
Tongli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tremendous Tongli"
- "Venice of the Orient"
- "Tongli - An Old Canal Town in Wujiang"
- "Tongli - Quieter Watertown than Zhouzhuang"
- "Tongli Watertown"
- "tongli, a little more aged and natural"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tongli
- Hotels in Tongli
- Transportation in Tongli
- Restaurants in Tongli
- Shopping in Tongli
- Warnings and Dangers in Tongli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tongli
- 11 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Tongli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tongli
Photos in TongliSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guilin Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues