"Pearl of the Taihu Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Wuxi by yipsufen
Wuxi Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 184 photos
Wuxi is situated at the south of Jiangsu province, at the heart of Yangtze Delta, neighbouring east with Suzhou. It is a commercial and industrial town for Jiangnan.
At the south of Wuxi is the famous & scenic Taihu Lake, ancient water canals cut accross the the town.
Some informative websites are stated below:-
An imposing giant standing buddha made from bronze. It is situated at Mashan hilly area, at the mid-slope of Ning Shan Hill.
Ning Shan is not only a tourist attraction but also a meeting place for buddhist devotees to wish for good luck and health.
Other than Ning Shan Great Buddha, there are many must-sees like "The First Palm in the World", Daxiong Temple & the spectacular Nine Dragons Fountain. They will be introduced in detail under my travel tips.
This superb architecture was added not long ago to Ning Shan Great Buddha tourist attraction. Huge investment has been pumped in to build this advanced yet Fengshui-like fountain.
The fountain is built completely with lighting and music to give tourists a spectacular musical fountain show at scheduled intervals.
- Pros:A city made popular by the vast Taihu Lake.
- In a nutshell:An ancient city with 3,000 years of history.
Read the signboard in front of this fountain for the show time. Buy some small paper cups at the nearby mobile stalls.... more travel advice
Pearls, teapot, Wuxi pork ribs (marinated meat) & clay figurines. more travel advice
yipsufen's Related Pages
Wuxi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""No Tin"... But There Is Sunset!"
- "Pearl of the Taihu Lake"
- "Wuxi (no tin) - Is there any Tin now?"
- "Wuxi - City without Tin?"
- "Sharrie's Wuxi Progress"
- "The first return after 13 years"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wuxi
- Hotels in Wuxi
- Transportation in Wuxi
- Nightlife in Wuxi
- Restaurants in Wuxi
- Shopping in Wuxi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wuxi
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Wuxi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wuxi
Photos in WuxiSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guilin Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Latest Wuxi hotel reviews
- Hubin Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- Green Tree Inn Wuxi Jiefang West Road
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2011
- Taihu Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Grand Park Hotel Wuxi
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Courtyard by Marriott Wuxi
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 20, 2011