"Backpackers' Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo by yipsufen
Yangshuo Travel Guide: 610 reviews and 1,707 photos
65 km from Guilin, Yangshuo is one of the towns situated at the bank of Li River (or Lijiang). Li River is the most beautiful river in Guangxi province, China. Limestone hills are covered by a veil of mist, thus they form a realistic chinese painting and have long attracted many poets, painters and tourists to experience the beauty of this place.
This picturesque town has a history of more than 1400 years. Everywhere you can see Karst formation limestone hills, countryside and farmland. Due to this reason, it has attracted many foreign backpackers from western countries. Therefore, it's the most westernised place in Guilin area.
If you like somewhere which is relaxing, simple, free from hustle and bustle of city life, this is the right place for you.
Read on to discover why this place is called "Backpackers' Paradise"...
If you embark on a boat cruise at Li River, don't miss Yangshuo !
Some of the Yangshuo travel websites are:-
For more useful information and exciting photos, check out my Travel Tips and Travelogue.
Fishing with cormorants is a traditional and ancient fishing method. Fisherman wears their raincoat and bamboo hat, moves out his bamboo raft and cormorants for fishing. At night times, you can see firefly-like fishing lights on the Li River.
However, this type of fishing method is more for show for tourists nowadays.
West Street (Xi Jie), situated in the heart of Yangshuo, is alive with cafes offering interesting Chinese and Western food. West Street in the town centre attracts a large number of younger international travelers. West Street is filled with small shops and vendor's stands selling all kinds of souvenirs and snacks.
Today, the 2000-m-long street has over 300 cafes, restaurants, hotels, art, crafts and tourist stores, foreign language clubs and internet centres. It's an ideal place to eat, shop, entertain, study or just take a break.
- Pros:Simple and relaxing countryside with endless picturesque scenery.
- Cons:Prices are a bit on the high side due to influx of western tourists.
- In a nutshell:Truly the essence of Li River. Feel like in chinese painting.
Rice wine, plum wine and herbal wine from the one and only wine factory. Miniature wine bottles are collectibles too.... more travel advice
During the boat cruise, it's really hard to differentiate whether you are in a chinese painting or enjoying the scenery... more travel advice
- See All Beer Fish
- Souvenirs are more expensive
- Cycling Around Yangshuo
- Amei & not Xiaojie
yipsufen's Related Pages
Yangshuo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Springtime in Yangshuo"
- "The Most Relaxed Town in China"
- "Yangshuo is WestStreet, WestStreet is Yangshuo..."
- "Backpackers' Paradise"
- "What a Romantic town! Yangshuo (CHINA)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yangshuo
- Hotels in Yangshuo
- Transportation in Yangshuo
- Nightlife in Yangshuo
- Restaurants in Yangshuo
- Shopping in Yangshuo
- Warnings and Dangers in Yangshuo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yangshuo
- 30 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Yangshuo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yangshuo
Photos in YangshuoSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guilin Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues