"Administrative Capital" Putrajaya by yipsufen
Putrajaya Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 369 photos
Putrajaya, the new Federal Government Administrative Centre, is a modern city which embraces the concept of intelligent garden city and showcases the best Malaysian architectural design in an environmentally-friendly setting of beautifully landscaped lakes and parks.
The prime areas in Putrajaya are divided into precincts and consist of goverment offices, as well as commercial, residential and recreational areas.
Putrajaya Information Centre Tel: 603-8888 7272
The stately Putra Mosque is one of Putrajaya's most famous landmarks. It has a unique pink dome which is constructed from rose-tinted granite and comprises of a prayer hall, the sahn or courtyard, learning facilities and function rooms. The mosque accommodates 15,000 worshippers and boasts a 116m, five-tiered minaret, the tallest in the region.
The concrete bridge is a combination of cable backstays and structural steel tie back. Its design is inspired by the look of futuristic sail boat symbolising that Putrajaya is to steer Malaysia into s developed nation by the year 2020. The Seri Wawasan Bridge is also the longest bridge in Putrajaya.
- Pros:Impressive architecture, beautifully landscaped gardens & lakes
- Cons:Road signs are lacking.
- In a nutshell:A vision city with every step of architectural landmark.
The majestic five-storey complex bearing Islamic architectural influences. It houses six courtrooms of the Court of... more travel advice
Perdana Putra houses the main administrative offices of the Prime Minister and other ministers. It features striking... more travel advice
yipsufen's Related Pages
Putrajaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Administrative Capital of Malaysia"
- "PUTRAJAYA - government administration centre"
- "Putrajaya Malaysia"
- "A New Federal Teritory...PUTRAJAYA"
- "THE PRINCE AS IT IS!!!!"
- "Putrajaya - New Capital"
- "The path to the new city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Putrajaya
- Hotels in Putrajaya
- Transportation in Putrajaya
- Nightlife in Putrajaya
- Restaurants in Putrajaya
- Shopping in Putrajaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Putrajaya
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Putrajaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Putrajaya
Photos in PutrajayaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guilin Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues