"Kemaman / Chukai" Kampong Kemaman by yipsufen
Kampong Kemaman Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 36 photos
Terengganu is one of the Malaysian state which is endowed with a wealth of charming and refreshing natural landscapes. She has beaches, exotic islands, lush virgin tropical jungle, quaint fishing villages, dazzling waterfalls and many, many more. Her miles and miles of white, sandy beaches and crystal clear water stretches throughout its 225 km coastline, extending from Besut in the north to Kemaman in the South. Her islands are among the most picturesque and fascinating in the country. From its myriad of colourful pastimes which include batik printing and songket weaving to the rapturous celebration of its many generations of cultural and traditional heritage, Terengganu is indeed a very blessed state.
The Kemaman district developed tremendously during the mid-90's economic boom, when housing projects mushroomed overnight. Modern shops replaced the quaint old wooden shops and roads were widened to accommodate increased traffic. But, the slowdown in the economy has left an obvious mark on the towns. Apart from a stopover to refuel and for some food, Kemaman has little to offer. Kemaman Port is the main port where large oil tankers anchor and not too far away, the Star Cruises dock at their private jetty close to the Awana Kijal Resort.
- Pros:A gateway to Terengganu state through Kuantan.
- Cons:Only a stopover for food.
- In a nutshell:A Malay town in Terengganu famous for stuffed crabs.
Crab meat is extracted from shell and mix with some fish meat and other ingredients like spring onions and eggs. Then... more travel advice
From end of September to January is the monsoon season for East Coast of Malaysia. Therefore, when planning your trip to... more travel advice
yipsufen's Related Pages
Kampong Kemaman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kemaman / Chukai"
- "Welcome To Kemaman"
- "Only A Eating Trip"
- "From Kuantan to Kuala Terengganu"
- "Port of Last Resort?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kampong Kemaman
- Hotels in Kampong Kemaman
- Restaurants in Kampong Kemaman
- Shopping in Kampong Kemaman
- Warnings and Dangers in Kampong Kemaman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Kemaman
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Kampong Kemaman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Kemaman
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: swiss garden hotel"
- updated a Kampong Kemaman Travel Page "Kemaman / Chukai"
- Commented on one of yipsufen's Kampong Kemaman travel pages
- Wrote a Review Heavy Rain & Floods in Monsoon Season in Kampong Kemaman Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stuffed Crab"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guilin Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues