Pulau Langkawi Hotel Tips by yipsufen
Pulau Langkawi Hotels: 16,245 reviews and 334 photos
Awana Porto Malai Hotel
Explore the beauty of the Resort's Mediterranean-inspired setting and embark on island-hopping adventure and soak in the sun, sea & surf on enchating white sands.
Ignite the flames of passion with a luxury sunset cruise, moonlight strolls on the Boardwalk & a romantic candlelight dinner under the stars.
Discover the fascinating cultures and legends of Langkawi with exotic local tours & end with a shopping spree at the many duty-free outlets.
Awana Porto Malai Resort is just the right place for all your indulgence.
Unique Qualities: Awana Porto Malai Resort provides a host of leisure activities such as land activities & sea activities. Other notable facilities are duty-free shop, shuttle service to Kuah Town & Cenang Beach, Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa, etc.
This is a wonderful resort popular among the local & foreign tourists alike. Eventhough this resort is facing the sea with its own jetty, the only setback is that it doesn't have any beach. The swimming pool as an alternative is rather small & lonely. However, you still can have all the fun by going to the nearby Cenang beach or sign up yourself for an island-hopping tour (just nearby hotel, enquire at the concierge).
The continental buffet breakfast has a decent variety that will appeal to all tourists. You can either eat in or alfresco by the Boardwalk.
The hotel room is airy & spacious. You can choose to have sea view or garden view room. Upgrade your room to sea view at a small sum and you can enjoy the scenic sea view & azure sea breeze, room with comfy sofa & coffee table.
A stroll on the Boardwalk, be it in the early morning hours or moonlit night, is a romatic experience. Lying lazily on the deck chair, reading to your favourite novel, popping duty-free beer & munching some tidbits or a chat with friend. Beer is really cheap here, therefore you can stock up some in your hotel room's fridge.
Address: Tanjung Malai, 07000 Langkawi, Pulau Langkawi, Kedah
Comparison: about average
Other Contact: Fax: 604-955 5222
Phone: 604-955 5111 / 603-2718 1118
Lobby of The Datai
Unique Qualities: We head to this resort out of curiousity to find out how exclusive it is. Yes, it's really exclusive and preferred by the rich & famous.
First of all, it has its own private access road leading to the resort which is a few kilometres long from the main road.
Secondly, the resort has a golf course and every parts of the resort is accessible using its buggy service.
Thirdly, staff are friendly even we are not guests but just curious "visitors".
The resort doesn't have the usual design of a lobby. Instead, it's a small alcove with sort of customer service desk for check in. The main area exudes an oriental & mysterious charm. At the centre of the lobby is a lotus pond with drangonflies happily hovering around. The coffee terrace is overlooking this pond.
I do not have the chance to see the resort's private beach. I believe it's accessible via the swimming pool but have to walk some distance amidst the lush forest in order to reach there.
Address: Datai Bay (Teluk Datai)
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Nothern part of Langkawi, look for sign with "Datai Bay".
Phone: 604-959 2500
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (25)
- Caressing by the Night Breeze
- The Princess Mahsuri Legend
- See All Laksa Power
- See All Telaga Harbour Marina
yipsufen's Related Pages
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island"
- "LANGKAWI .WHERE THE HEART IS"
- "Pulau Langkawi"
- "Where heaven and earth meets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Langkawi
- Hotels in Pulau Langkawi
- Transportation in Pulau Langkawi
- Nightlife in Pulau Langkawi
- Restaurants in Pulau Langkawi
- Shopping in Pulau Langkawi
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Langkawi
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tropical Breeze Condominiums
- Carriage Hotel
- Manila Airport Hotel
- Mayan Palace Riviera Maya
- Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Midway Airport
- Wyndham Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
- Crown Metropol Perth
- Pera Palace Hotel
- Sheraton Perth Hotel
- The A. Venue Hotel Suites
- Iberostar Copacabana Hotel
- Americinn Glenwood Springs
- Holiday Inn Express BELTON, MO
- Atlantis The Palm
- Embassy Suites Niagara Falls Fallsview
Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi
- 27 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Langkawi
Photos in Pulau LangkawiSee All Photos (63)
Read real reviews about Pulau Langkawi Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guilin Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Latest Pulau Langkawi hotel reviews
- CD Motel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2013
- Melati Tanjung Motel
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Shirin Homestay
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 14, 2013
- Central Hotel ( Eagle Bay Hotel ) Langkawi
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013
- Green Village Langkawi
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Langkawi Seaview Hotel
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Citin Hotel Langkawi
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Hotel Bahagia
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Kedawang Beach Inn
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Mutiara Burau Bay Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
- Federal Villa Beach Resort
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Beach Garden Resort
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
- Casa Del Mar Hotel
- 1236 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Sri Intan Langkawi
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 8, 2011