"PD - Weekend Retreat" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Dickson by yipsufen
Port Dickson Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 378 photos
The seaside resort of Port Dickson, washed by the gentle waters of the Straits of Malacca, is a popular destination for locals and foreigners alike.
The coastal resort of Port Dickson or PD is a popular weekend retreat on Peninsular Malaysia's southwestern coast. Situated about an hour's drive from Kuala Lumpur, Port Dickson has one of the Longest beaches in Malaysia, offering holidaymakers ample room to frolic under the sun. Its sunny beaches, lined by tall coconut trees and shady casuarinas, are lappsed by the gentle waters of the Straits of Malacca.
The Port Dickson Fest and International Ironman Triathlon are two exciting annual events held here.
There are numerous locations here for family outings and picnics. Its famous beaches, Teluk Kemang and Blue Lagoon, abound with water sports and other beach activities. Enjoy parasailing, canoeing, yachting or speed boat rides.
Lukut, a historical town situated north of Port Dickson, is the site of the Lukut Museum and fort.
- Pros:Cheap and convenient beach holiday for everyone.
- Cons:Murky water and not so clean beach.
- In a nutshell:The nearest beach and weekend retreat for city dwellers.
Hawker food stalls are setup in the evening during weekends, selling chicken wings, nasi lemak, burgers, hot dog,... more travel advice
RM2 per ride on the beach front. Saturday: 3pm onwards Sunday: 9am onwards more travel advice
yipsufen's Related Pages
Port Dickson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Via occulta,solum lapideum,paries ligneus,cellula"
- "PD - Weekend Retreat"
- "It's my hometown...."
- "The Place Along The Straits of Malacca"
- "My favorite drunkard beach"
- "A short run away from the city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Dickson
- Hotels in Port Dickson
- Transportation in Port Dickson
- Nightlife in Port Dickson
- Restaurants in Port Dickson
- Shopping in Port Dickson
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Dickson
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Port Dickson
- 11 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Port Dickson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Dickson
Photos in Port DicksonSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guilin Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Latest Port Dickson hotel reviews
- Tiara Beach Resort
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Guoman Port Dickson
- 582 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Selesa Beach Resort
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- P.D. World Marina Resort
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2013
- Cozzi Hotel
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2013
- Legend International Water Homes
- 338 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Costa Rica Hotel & Apartments Port Dickson Beach Resort
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Legend Water Chalets at Port Dickson
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Corus Paradise Resort
- 155 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- 583 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Bayu Beach Resort Port Dickson
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Golden Straits Villas Beach Resort
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2012
- Desa Lagoon Resort Port Dickson
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013