"On the steps of the Marquis de Sade..." Lacoste by Ipanema_Princess
Lacoste Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 16 photos
Lacoste may remind you of a famous brand... but actually it has nothing to do with it ! This little village of the Luberon is best known for its famous former resident : the Marquis de Sade, who was living there in the 18th century. Nowadays his castle has been bought by the french fashion designer Pierre Cardin, who is renovating it.
It is a very charming and typical provençal village, where it seems that time has stopped. Many houses and buildings are occupated by an american school, the Savannah College of Art and Design.
Just take a walk in the streets of the village. It is peaceful and very well conserved : you won't find any modern... more travel advice
Ipanema_Princess' Related Pages
Lacoste Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the steps of the Marquis de Sade..."
- "No place for green crocodile"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lacoste
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lacoste?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lacoste
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Florence Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Brazil Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos