"CONFESSIONS OF A TRAVEL ADDICT" Ipanema_Princess's Profile
Hello, my name is Laurence (yes it’s a GIRL name in France).
After graduating in history and tourism management, I have worked in the travel business in Brazil and Monaco.
I am currently working in the hospitality industry in Paris.
However, my first vocation was to become a journalist, this is why I decided to write more and more about my favourite subject and to share my discoveries.
My passion for travelling started when I was a child. Every summer, my aunt would go on a backpacker trip to Asia. I was reading travel guides, picking hostels for her, following her itinerary on the map, collecting postcards... Until I got old enough to be the one travelling.
I would describe myself as a "Luxury Backpacker" ! I LOVE luxury hotels, even if I can't always afford them. On the other hand, I lived six months in a brazilian hostel which was a wonderful experience.
I can be a total tourist sometimes but I also love to go off the beaten path and most of all, meet people.
My secret dream ? To have my own travel show !
I am 30 years old.
I speak French, English, Italian and Portuguese.
I’m a very bad French when it comes to gastronomy…My favourite meal is pizza and I don’t know anything about wine !
Europe : France, Monaco, England, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Greece,
Spain, Belgium, Croatia, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Portugal
South America : Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay
North America : United States (California, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, New York), Canada
Oceania : French Polynesia
Next Trips :
2013 : London, Brussels, Turkey
… was almost kidnapped by pearl dealers while hitching in Bora Bora
… have been a toilet attendant in Monte Carlo for Prince Albert II
… swan in a former gold mine in Brazil
…had dinner at the British Parliament with the members of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London
…ended up in one the most dangerous cities of South America, just because I wanted a Paraguay stamp on my passport
…crossed half of Paris dressed in a Hogwarts uniform because I couldn’t find a taxi on the night Harry Potter 7 was released
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 97 Reviews
- 167 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 31 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
updated their Profile Page "CONFESSIONS OF A TRAVEL ADDICT"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Paris Summer Meeting * We have a day now"
- Ipanema_Princess and BenFromParis are now friends.
- updated a New York City Travel Page "START SPREADING THE NEWS..."
- Wrote a Review Excellent value for money in New York City Hotels
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Can you help me to get the..."
- Commented on TheTravelSlut's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Florence Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Brazil Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos