"Perry: God's Forgotten Country" Perry by kemonmakufilms

Perry Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 48 photos

Amityville, watch you back!

After a funfilled night of Music at the 2003 Orange Peel in Stillwater, we drove up to Perry as a last resort, where we stayed in a Day's Inn right off the highway. The hotel looked like a crime scene waiting to happen, but when we got to the room, the real charm was revealed. The door lookes as if it had been kicked down recently and the white ceiling, bathroom walls and bathroom door knob have been stained yellow and brown in the crevaces from years of smoking in the room. That night we stacked the table and chairs against the door in a last ditch effort to protect ourselves from anyone, or thing that wanted in.
But i digress, the stay was frightning, but fun to experience, if I had to I'd stay in that sh*t shack anytime I traveled to Perry, but God-willing that will never happen again.
As for dining they had a quaint little Irish gormet restraunt called simply McDonald's, which must be pretty popular, the sign said like over a million served. The near beef patty on a freshly baked Irish Roll hit the spot, but the tour-de-force was the luke warm potato cut we dipped in a tomatoe dressing. My favortie sight in this garden of evil was the 'You Are Now Leaving Perry' sign.

• Last visit to Perry: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 21, 2004

Comments

kemonmakufilms' Related Pages

kemonmakufilms

“Travel Cheap It's More Fun”

Ranked Member