"Velkommen til min Virtual Tourist side!" bluesmama's Profile
Ever since I was a kid my family has always travelled around Europe in the summer. It was always the best part of the year, going out to hear these strange languages, seeing mountains and caves and wonderful cities. I've always been very interested in language, so much that I actually started studying English at university.
OK, so I didn't last very long there; only about 8 months. Still I find linguistics and phonetics so interesting!
After this I hurled myself into teaching school thinking this was the right thing. It wasn't either! But I had a good 2? years and 3 school trips to Schleswig-Holstein, Dublin and Rome with my history and english class.
So I've realized that perhaps I'm not supposed to go to school or university just at this time. I have to find something that I really care about doing first. And I have NO idea what it is. So I've decided to first save up for another trip to Australia, this time going to Western Australia and Tasmania primarily. These are the two states I've never been to. I'm planning to get a working holiday visa, so that I can work a bit and stay for up to a year. So if anyone has any comments on this visa, like is it easy getting jobs?, I'd love to hear them.
Since all my friends are the sensible types getting an education I think I'll end up travelling on my own. But that's OK, I think you meet so many more people that way. I only travelled alone once before. That was when I lived in W.Sussex and had 3 weeks off work at Easter. I was a little nervous the first day, but then I had the best time on my trip around UK and Ireland.
I love going out and listening to live music. Unfortunately that can be a bit difficult sometimes living in Svendborg. In the summer it's OK, there's always music several places around the town. The rest of the year is a different story though. And the quality isn't always as good as I'd like. On the other hand live music is always great - much better than a dj. Still that's just my opinion.
I try to go to as many concerts as possible. My favourites from last year is definitely Bruce Springsteen (No. 1!!!), Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney. They all played in Copenhagen. Overall my favourite music has to be blues. Of course sometimes it's music about feeling bad but most of the time I think it is also about having a great time. There's something so life affirming about the blues, the really old stuff sounds so primeval! I love it! One of my favourite is the danish bluesman H. P. Lange. He plays the really old stuff and also writes his own songs. Check his website for soundbites!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 302 Reviews
- 389 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 47 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- bluesmama and karin_kamphuis are now friends.
- Commented on one of gilabrand's Israel travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Biluim's Museum"
- Wrote a Review The Biluim's Museum in Gedera Things to Do
- updated a Gedera Travel Page "GEDERA"
updated their Profile Page "Velkommen til min Virtual Tourist side!"
PhotosSee All Photos (389)
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 56 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isle of Skye Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coober Pedy Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Montagne du Lubéron Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Alice Springs Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Rome Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos