"Culture, diving and dessert" Egypt by Joenes
Egypt Travel Guide: 15,808 reviews and 39,599 photos
The first thing that pops to mind when you think about Egypt are the pyramids,faraos and temples.
This country is a treasure when it comes to ancient highly civilized culture.
Especially the old capital Luxor (former Thebes) is a place where you can really take a trip back in time, the same goes for Aswan and Abu Simbul.
Besides the culture Egypt is also well known for its diving in the Red Sea which can be done from a lot of places like Hurghada and Sharm Al-Sheik.
An then of course there is the dessert where you can take a trip to meet bedouines or even more extreme....camp out in the dessert!
It is hard to believe Egyptians are very kind and friendly people at first because as a tourist you are haunted the whole day through to buy something,take a trip on a horse and carriage, on a boat or in a cab.
But when you try and meet some locals you will find out how they really are which is very friendly and helpfull.
When you come from Europe,The United States or another first world country you must not forget that the Egyptians have a completely different idea when it comes to time. Try to remember this when you are waiting for a bus to arrive for instance . Half an hour late is not unusual....they are not very stressed!
A good thing in Egypt is that everything is extremely cheap so you don't have to save for years to explore this amazing country!
- Pros:Culture,friendly people,cheap
- Cons:No nature as in woods,mountains and waterfalls....:-)
- In a nutshell:Dive in the rich culture or the Red Sea!
North of Elephantine Island is Kitchener Island (also Known as The Island Of Trees). This botantical garden was started... more travel advice
The main attraction of Edfu is the Temple of Horus which is considered by most to be the best preserved cult temple in... more travel advice
- See All The Metro in Cairo
- See All Cairo, Great hostel!
- See All It is NOT advisable to go travel alone...
- See All Don't look at your watch!...:-)
Joenes' Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 59 Reviews
- 216 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
Top 10 Pages
- Scotland Intro, 125 reviews, 443 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 95 reviews, 321 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 63 reviews, 257 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 59 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 54 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
Top Egypt hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh Hotels
- 1318 Reviews - 2335 Photos
- Hurghada Hotels
- 670 Reviews - 1673 Photos
- Cairo Hotels
- 3867 Reviews - 8922 Photos
- Alexandria Hotels
- 662 Reviews - 1727 Photos
- Luxor Hotels
- 1593 Reviews - 4319 Photos
- Taba Hotels
- 60 Reviews - 177 Photos
- Aswan Hotels
- 610 Reviews - 1995 Photos
- Marsa al `Alam Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Bur Safajah Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Pyramids of Giza Hotels
- 415 Reviews - 1291 Photos
- Kawm ad Dahab Hotels
- 107 Reviews - 305 Photos
- Red Sea Hills Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Nabq Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Nuweiba` Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Dhahab Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 185 Photos