"Green,greener,.......Ireland" Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland by Joenes

Ireland Travel Guide: 15,734 reviews and 35,470 photos

Falling in love

I have been to this beautiful island for just 16 days but it is easy to fall in love with.
My tips are in the order I have travelled (starting in Dublin).
Hope you will enjoy it and find some use for it.

The coast

The most dramatic beauty of Ireland concentrates itself on the coastal lines.
Ireland is like a bowl of soup, in de middle it is low land and at the edges you will find the hills.

The Big Cities

The biggest city is of course Dublin.
There are more cities, like Cork City, Galway and Waterford but they don't even come close to Dublin.

• Pros:The coastlines!
  • Cons:The inland
  • In a nutshell:Nature,hiking,music and breathtaking panorama's
  • Last visit to Ireland: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 30, 2005

• LisaPACS's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 6:56 AM

THANKS for sharing your Ireland photos, tips and info! Big help with planning my 1st Ireland trip for next month!

• halloweengirl's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2007 at 8:29 PM

I am planning a trip to Ireland later this year, but I have literally looked at everypicture and read your comments, I feel like I have alreayd been there....your photos are breathtakingly beautiful...

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 8:01 AM

Hello there Jeroen, I love your castle tips they were great, beatiful pics. thank u..Donna :)

• Franagain's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 6:04 PM

I'm about to make my first trip to Ireland and your tips and photos gave me wonderful information about what to see. Thank you for taking the time to post such exciting travelogues.

• TammyCLS's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2006 at 9:57 PM

I really enjoyed reading what you had to say about Ireland! You got it all down!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 4:52 PM

Fantastic page! Fantastic country! I loved Ireland and could have spent another week there. Maybe I'll get back there. Thanks for sharing

• Oct 2, 2005 at 4:43 PM

I enjoyed your page, I have been to Eire four times and after reading your page I am ready to go back!

• PeteNL's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2005 at 12:59 PM

Great Ireland page, Jeroen! Seems like you've had the same "bug" catch you travelling around there! Another Dutch "friend of Ireland"...

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 5:27 AM

Great job - beautiful pictures with good writings. Great suggestions, thanks especially for Kilkenny (I knew only beer of that name) and Dingle Peninsula, Gallarus Oratory - real treasure!

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2005 at 11:24 AM

Absoluely wonderful pages. I've been debating about getting to Ireland and you make me want to go now.

Joenes

“"Life is what's happening when you are busy making other plans" (John Lennon)”

Badges & Stats in Ireland

Have you been to Ireland?

Latest Activity in Ireland