"Bangkok - The land of the golden Buddha" Bangkok by kielorla

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,476 reviews and 23,320 photos

Bangkok, a place I always wanted to go. This is a shopping paradise. We went to bangkok for free and easy 4days and 3 nights trip. My friends and I, brought along an almost empty large luggage. We are planning to go for a shopping spree. Everything is very cheap in Bangkok and to make it even best, you can also bargain with them to get a much more cheaper price.

The food there is also very delicious, all kinds of food ranging from Tom Yam Soup, Beef noodles to shark fin and bird nest are all nice and cheap. But one thing has to bear in mind for those travelling to Bangkok, tried not to take the local water and also avoid ice cube as the hygene level is quite low. I fell sick on the third day in Bangkok, was told that it was food poisoning. I had to stay in my hotel for the last 2 days missing all the fun and also shopping.

I am also puzzled as my friends all took the same food with me but they didnt fall sick. Humm........ maybe my stomach is not as tough as theirs :)

In the end, i spent my last 2 days resting in the hotel while my friends went for a shopping spree. My almost empty luggage was filled with my friends' stuffs!!!!!!!

Nevertheless, i still enjoyed Bangkok and i promised myself to go back there again.

SARS

We went to Bangkok during the SARs critical period. That time Singapore is still not classified as dangerous zone but as a precaution, we have to wear the mask in the plane.

As mention above, i was sicked in Bangkok, when i came back to Singapore, my condition got worse. I have high fever and also some symptoms of SARs. In the end, i was ordered by the doctor to be self quarantine for 10 days. Fortunately, it turned out to be some virus flu. Phew, am i lucky...................

• Pros:Cheap stuff and delicious food
  • Cons:Traffic Jam and air pollution
  • In a nutshell:You will never have enough...............
  • Last visit to Bangkok: Mar 2002
  • Intro Written Apr 21, 2004

• Mar 9, 2007 at 2:05 AM

hello from Poland! your site of Bangkok is great! Thank you for sharing, this is the place I always wanted to go :))) greetings! Renata

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2005 at 8:51 AM

Singapore Girl goes shopping

• sweetie_inc's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 9:39 PM

Great travel page... U should return to Bangkok for another shopping spree.. I got an asthma attack when i was there but i was all well after visiting a doctor at a nearby hospital... and continued my shopping spree after I left the hospital.. hehehhe...

• Lucy-'s Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 12:36 PM

Dyou really think you should be promoting shark fin soup, considering it is one of the main threats to the shark popluation today! Not to mention the compleatly inhumane way in which the sharks are de-finned, then tossed back into the ocean to die!

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 10:44 AM

WHAT A LOVELY TRAVEL PAGE,SORRY TO HERE YOU WERE NOT VERY WELL.

• DUNK67's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 7:03 AM

some good tips, sorry you didn`t get to finish your shopping.

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 7:57 AM

Nice pages - shame about the shopping but I'm sure you'll make up for it

• radz's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2004 at 7:50 AM

Nice shopping tips,Agree with you Bangkok is shopping paradise :),Sad u fell sick,hope next time you will catch up.

• mamasan69's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2004 at 8:47 AM

Nice pages you have going here on your site, sorry to here about the SARS scare.

• chiabh's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 3:53 PM

hi caroline... time to go to bangkok again errr.... we have nim this time to show us around... .chia

kielorla

“Under your feet, there is another person at the other end of the world.”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok