"Bangkok - The land of the golden Buddha" Bangkok by kielorla
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,527 reviews and 23,747 photos
Bangkok, a place I always wanted to go. This is a shopping paradise. We went to bangkok for free and easy 4days and 3 nights trip. My friends and I, brought along an almost empty large luggage. We are planning to go for a shopping spree. Everything is very cheap in Bangkok and to make it even best, you can also bargain with them to get a much more cheaper price.
The food there is also very delicious, all kinds of food ranging from Tom Yam Soup, Beef noodles to shark fin and bird nest are all nice and cheap. But one thing has to bear in mind for those travelling to Bangkok, tried not to take the local water and also avoid ice cube as the hygene level is quite low. I fell sick on the third day in Bangkok, was told that it was food poisoning. I had to stay in my hotel for the last 2 days missing all the fun and also shopping.
I am also puzzled as my friends all took the same food with me but they didnt fall sick. Humm........ maybe my stomach is not as tough as theirs :)
In the end, i spent my last 2 days resting in the hotel while my friends went for a shopping spree. My almost empty luggage was filled with my friends' stuffs!!!!!!!
Nevertheless, i still enjoyed Bangkok and i promised myself to go back there again.
We went to Bangkok during the SARs critical period. That time Singapore is still not classified as dangerous zone but as a precaution, we have to wear the mask in the plane.
As mention above, i was sicked in Bangkok, when i came back to Singapore, my condition got worse. I have high fever and also some symptoms of SARs. In the end, i was ordered by the doctor to be self quarantine for 10 days. Fortunately, it turned out to be some virus flu. Phew, am i lucky...................
- Pros:Cheap stuff and delicious food
- Cons:Traffic Jam and air pollution
- In a nutshell:You will never have enough...............
In Bangkok, it is famous for its traffic jam. I got in the jam for 5hrs from Baiyoke Sky Hotel back to Pathumwan... more travel advice
kielorla's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 11 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Taman Negara Intro, 20 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hokkaido Intro, 20 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos