"Escape To Taman Negara...Yyyeeeaah!!" Taman Negara by kielorla

Taman Negara Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 489 photos

How does it start...

It's end October... Deepavali and Hari Raya holidays were just round the corner. As I drummed my fingers lazily onto the PC, a long but familiar yearning for travel silently beckons :). And soon enough I was on the phone with the front desk office of Mutiara Taman Negara booking my rather spontaneous trip to the popular Tropical Rain Forest in Malaysia.

Well, to be honest I'm not quite familiar with Taman Negara, despite hearing occasionally about it from my friends and colleagues. But considering that I've been to beach resorts, hill resorts since last year, the prospect of a weekend getaway in the jungles may be quite re-freshing. Yup... didn't sound too bad at all.

Package deal??

I signed up for the "Back To The Nature" Package for 2 (twin sharing) with Mutiara Resorts... total damage RM450 per person.

This however is not all, return shuttle service leaving from Crowne Plaza Mutiara, Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Tembeling (near Jerantut in Pahang), sets you back another RM80 per person.

Additional round trip boat transfer from Kuala Tembeling to Mutiara Taman Negara cost another RM50 per person.

Kuala Tembeling, PAHANG.

This is Kuala Tembeling, where all boat rides leading to Taman Negara begin. It is also the point were visitors to Taman Negara register themselves and obtain camera licenses. (Well, actually when in Taman Negara, no-one checked, but it's definitely a must have... we've seen one warning poster later at the entrance to the Forest Reserve.)

Taking a short walk to the back of the visitor centre, the view opens up to Sungai Tembeling, complete with a boat jetty.

So much for intro... let's see more in the tips and travelogues section k.

• Pros:Well, I guess the theme here "Back To Nature" says it all.
  • Cons:Just one, activities organiser at Mutiara Taman Negara is not exactly very honest.
  • In a nutshell:Overall, this trip to Taman Negara is well worth the while. Boat rides, night jungle walk, world's longest tree-top canopy platforms ona budget... I guess I can't complain.
  • Last visit to Taman Negara: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2005

• Feb 27, 2009 at 7:07 AM

next time you have a monkey doing monkey business, just spank it for being naughty lmao!!! now now don't get any dirty thoughts!!

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2005 at 10:33 PM

Caroline, looks like you had an amazing time here!! Nice shots but for the night ones, you'll need an added flash and macro function.

• munapong's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 4:15 AM

hey! Nice photos and short getaway. I did my railway trip recently - a short getaway and passed by Jerantut too

kielorla

“Under your feet, there is another person at the other end of the world.”

Badges & Stats in Taman Negara

Have you been to Taman Negara?

Latest Activity in Taman Negara