"Escape To Taman Negara...Yyyeeeaah!!" Taman Negara by kielorla
Taman Negara Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 486 photos
It's end October... Deepavali and Hari Raya holidays were just round the corner. As I drummed my fingers lazily onto the PC, a long but familiar yearning for travel silently beckons :). And soon enough I was on the phone with the front desk office of Mutiara Taman Negara booking my rather spontaneous trip to the popular Tropical Rain Forest in Malaysia.
Well, to be honest I'm not quite familiar with Taman Negara, despite hearing occasionally about it from my friends and colleagues. But considering that I've been to beach resorts, hill resorts since last year, the prospect of a weekend getaway in the jungles may be quite re-freshing. Yup... didn't sound too bad at all.
I signed up for the "Back To The Nature" Package for 2 (twin sharing) with Mutiara Resorts... total damage RM450 per person.
This however is not all, return shuttle service leaving from Crowne Plaza Mutiara, Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Tembeling (near Jerantut in Pahang), sets you back another RM80 per person.
Additional round trip boat transfer from Kuala Tembeling to Mutiara Taman Negara cost another RM50 per person.
This is Kuala Tembeling, where all boat rides leading to Taman Negara begin. It is also the point were visitors to Taman Negara register themselves and obtain camera licenses. (Well, actually when in Taman Negara, no-one checked, but it's definitely a must have... we've seen one warning poster later at the entrance to the Forest Reserve.)
Taking a short walk to the back of the visitor centre, the view opens up to Sungai Tembeling, complete with a boat jetty.
So much for intro... let's see more in the tips and travelogues section k.
- Pros:Well, I guess the theme here "Back To Nature" says it all.
- Cons:Just one, activities organiser at Mutiara Taman Negara is not exactly very honest.
- In a nutshell:Overall, this trip to Taman Negara is well worth the while. Boat rides, night jungle walk, world's longest tree-top canopy platforms ona budget... I guess I can't complain.
As the year draws to an end... the wheather also takes a turn for a change. By early November heavy rains begin to fall... more travel advice
The boat ride eventually brought us to one point by Tahan River. This is where visitors would alight and hike some 700m... more travel advice
kielorla's Related Pages
Taman Negara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Janes of the Jungle"
- "Taman Negara-Your Jungle adventure begins here!"
- "Taman Negara - The Largest National Park in M'sia"
- "visiting a tropical rainforest"
- "Taman Negara - Malaysia's great national park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taman Negara
- Hotels in Taman Negara
- Transportation in Taman Negara
- Nightlife in Taman Negara
- Restaurants in Taman Negara
- Shopping in Taman Negara
- Warnings and Dangers in Taman Negara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taman Negara
- 20 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Taman Negara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taman Negara
Photos in Taman NegaraSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Taman Negara Intro, 20 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hokkaido Intro, 20 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos