"Monsoon Season in Pulau Bintan" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan by kielorla

Pulau Bintan Travel Guide: 458 reviews and 1,175 photos

Is all depend on the weather

Hahaha the above picture is just a joke to start this page. I got the pic in an email and found it very amusing, therefore put it in.

It is monsoon season when we make our trip to Bintan, Mayang Sari Resort. I have pray day and night a week before the trip in hope that the weather is good and no rain when we are there for a relax holiday.

And sure enough my prayer works, we reached there to discover a clear blue sky, strong wind blowing and also a very sunny day. This is just what we need to start off a good relax holiday. And the next day, the weather is still fine till the late afternoon when the sky started to get cloudy and dark. But who care, we already get our fair share of sun and our skin are already burning red and on that very night, it started to rain heavily. The rain didnt stop and continue through the next day, which we are getting ready to checkout. Arent we lucky, it seems that the sky is doing us a very big favour, thanks god for hearing my prayer. :P

Spa Retreat

Asmara Spa is located beside Mayang Sari Resort. We went to Bintan thinking that the weather may not be in our favour, therefore as a backup plan, we signed up the spa package. And who know, the spa is heaven, it is so relaxing and we love this place immediately. We found ourself walking back to this place everyday during our 3 days 2 night stay. Gosh till now i still miss this place.

3D2N Itenery

12 10 Chill out at the beach
13 00 Back to Asmara for drink and relax
14 00 To the ferry terminal
15 30 Back to Singapore.

For more information on what type of Spa we have taken and also the experience, refer to the travelogue.

• Pros:Very relax and friendly environment
  • Cons:The food is too expensive.
  • Last visit to Pulau Bintan: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 21, 2004

• Sep 6, 2009 at 5:56 AM

hi, what would be the price?

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Looks like the perfect place for me!

• Mar 26, 2008 at 1:26 AM

do they accept visa/mastercard? how much does the spa, mani and pedi costs roughly??

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2006 at 8:06 PM

Fantastic page Caroline!! I'm definately going to that spa place!! Thanx for the tips!! Gorgeous pix too!!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• nipper1's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2005 at 4:45 PM

fantastic tips here quite close to Aus one day Pulau makes my list too

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2005 at 8:23 PM

Do i hear wind surfing and wakeboarding? Cool!! I wanna be there.

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 6:58 AM

Helpful tips about the restaurants there.. Nice pictures too... Cheers, Abu

• sweetie_inc's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2005 at 2:23 AM

wow! mayang sari looks so much better than nirwana... I'm definitely going to try this resort the next time.. Great intro on asmara spas....cheers.

• ronaldbarr's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 8:59 AM

I love that weather report. Well spotted and thank you for sharing. I like your sense of humour - it leaks from your pages. Refreshing!!! Greetings from Ireland. ronaldbarr

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2005 at 3:39 AM

HI! Good call about the Kelong Seafood Restaurant. Certainly money well spent. Cheers!

kielorla

“Under your feet, there is another person at the other end of the world.”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Bintan

Have you been to Pulau Bintan?