"Perth - Gateway to the Highlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Perth by weewatty
Perth Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 174 photos
Well I have lived in the Fair City of Perth all my life so i will proclaim to knowing quite a bit about the place.
I will supply an honest, forthright view of Perth in due course.
Perthshire is a vibrant rural area covering 5,286 square kilometres. It has a population of around 135,990, representing around 58,323 households. Perth City, at the heart of the area is the largest centre of population with 43,501 residents while some of the area’s more rural locations have settlements of just one or two households. The area’s many attractive towns and villages, set in beautiful scenery, are popular tourist destinations.
Perthshire is in central Scotland in the United Kingdom. The historic town of Kinross marks the southern gateway to Perthshire which then stretches up beyond Blair Atholl to the Highlands. Its central location means that Perth City is within easy reach of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dundee.
Early 2005 has seen a few heavy falls of snow in Perth, here is a view looking towards Kinnoull Hill from the city centre, could be a scene from a Christmas card. Snow in my part of the world does'nt really hang around for to long.
Within easy driving distance of Perth you can find a few ski areas, Glenshee being the closest. Although not guarenteed snow all winter, usually around February time is the best to go.
Running through Perth is the River Tay, pictured to the right here is the Perth Bridge which spans the river in the city centre, the river can also be crossed using the Queens Bridge and on foot or rail on the Railway Bridge.
On the Perth Bridge there are markings of how high the river has been over the years including times where there has been quite bad flooding. A flood defence system ahs now been constructed to hopefully prevent this from happening again.
- Pros:Attractive City Centre, Central Location, Nice size to walk around.
- Cons:local Ned(non educated delinquent) population.
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit, for a week or a day? your choice.
In November 2005 I attended a weekend wedding celebration at the 16th Century Fingask Castle, a place that must come... more travel advice
Well this actually takes place near Kinross about 15 miles south of Perth but i ain't ever going to have a Kinross page,... more travel advice
weewatty's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perth Travel Tips - Perth Scotland - "Perthshire""
- "Wonderful Perthshire"
- "Perth and Kinross"
- "Perth - Gateway to the Highlands"
- "The Fair City"
- "Scotland, Perth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Toronto Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Orlando 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos