"A Dam fine place." Pitlochry by weewatty
Pitlochry Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 217 photos
Pitlochry is a busy little town, specially in the summer months.
I am in and out of this charming place often due to work commitments.
This was a pic i took from atop Pitlichry Dam, its a pretty cool place to visit and you can go on a tour of the place for next to nothing.
The Salmon ladder is also worth a look.
As is common in the Perthshire area there are many farms around about Pitlochry.
- Pros:the Dam, fine Theatre, bustling in summertime.
- Cons:Price Increases for Tourists, Parking.
- In a nutshell:Stop by on your way up to the Highlands.
Set in a small glen near to Pitlochry you will find the Edradour Whisky Distillery. Looking like a setting from... more travel advice
Found this hidden gem whilst out visiting a farm on work business, thought it was worth a stop off. Thought to date... more travel advice
weewatty's Related Pages
Pitlochry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It couldn't possibly get better than this!"
- "A short stop in Pitlochry"
- "just passing through..."
- "The heart of the Highlands"
- "Pitlochry and the tourist dollar, or pound, or yen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pitlochry
- Hotels in Pitlochry
- Transportation in Pitlochry
- Nightlife in Pitlochry
- Restaurants in Pitlochry
- Shopping in Pitlochry
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pitlochry
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Pitlochry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pitlochry
Photos in PitlochrySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Toronto Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Orlando 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos