"Watty's Magnificent Homepage!!" weewatty's Profile

This looks like a job for me.

Well, I have decided to document my lifetime(kinda) of travels. I do tend to like a holiday every now and again, every 3 months or so to be honest. It is very much my opinion that you have to holiday whilst you can, you never know what the future holds.

Travelling to new countires with differing culture is certainly a passion of mine and i was sort of getting forgetful of everywhere i have been, hence i thought, best get it down somewhere.

I intend slowly building up my travel pages until i have gotten pretty much everything i can remember on here. Bare with me as I upload all my photos then add my comments and thoughts.

Little Treasure

On 2 November 2004 my wee darling of a daughter entered the world, Niamh Camryn, she arrived at 06:19 weighing a very healthy 8lb 10oz.

See her piccies here Niamh's Pics

I have added new pics of the growing little lady here Niamh Jul 2005

She is a wee darling.

Homelife

This is the view from my computer room window(on Xmas Day 2004, WHITE CHRISTMAS, kinda), i live in Perth, Scotland a town of roughly 45,000 people situated towards the East Coast of the country.

Football Daft!!!

I am a mad keen supporter of my local team St Johnstone FC whose ground i can see from my bedroom window. They ain't doing to great just now, playing in the Scottish 1st Division but i am sure we will be back!!! Fingers crossed.

A couple of my trips, to Monaco and to Vassa, Finland were actually to follow St Johnstone in their first venture into Europe in almost 30 years in 1999.

I also followed my National team Scotland to Dortmund, Germany for their Euro Qualifier match in Sept 2003.

Stadiums

I lap up visiting football stadiums, this is me outside the Stadium of Light in Lisbon just prior to Euro 2004. Quite impressive.

My most recent stadium ticked off my list isSt. James Park, Newcastle home of the Toon Army, a real city centre venue.

Whilst in NYC i went along to a 'soccer match' at the Giants Stadium which is a pretty huge arena

Currently at the top of my stadium charts for atmosphere alone is the San Siro in Milan. A fantastic football stadium steeped in history and home to 2 simply massive clubs, AC Milan and Internazionale.

Other stadiums featured on my pages are The Riazor home of Deportivo La Coruna, McDiarmid Park, home of my local team St Johnstone FC and the rather magical Stade Louis II in Monaco.

My Top 5 Destinations still to be ticked off.

Travel must visit chart-

Here is the 5 places on the planet currently at the top of my must visit list.

In at 5 its Tokyo, Japan just to see what the craic is with the place.

At 4 its the sunshine city of Dubai, find the place kind of intriguing and the 4 x 4 on the sand dunes looks a laugh.

Number 3 is Iceland, looks pretty amazing all they Geysers and Natural Springs and stuff. And a dip in the Blue Lagoon.

Down from the top spot recently its the land of the hobbits New Zealand, looks simply stunning, and that jump you can do from the top of the big tower in Auckland would be the first thing I'd do.

But clinching the top spot in my must visit chart its the South American wonderland of Peru, in particualr Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca. I want to go tomorrow, why have i got to work??

When arriving in a new city i like to get a feel for the lay of the land by gettin to the highest point . I feel its a quality way of getting your barings.

Cruisin'

In May 2004 i headed on a cruise out of Southampton, UK, itinarery included the following ports of call - La Coruna(Spain), Casablanca(Morocco), Las Palmas(G.Canaria), Santa Cruz de Tenerife, La Gomera(Canary Islands), Funchal(Madeira) and Lisbon(Portugal).

Really enjoyed this and i did'nt get sea sick at all, got fed like a king and met some cool people. I will get round to making up a page for all the new places i visited as soon as i can.

Watty's Travel Guide - My Favourite Links.

Flights
Which Budget - An indespensible budget airline guide site.
Opodo - I am sure everyone uses this, its only rival is Expedia. Aswell as flights some great hotel bargains.
Wizz Air - Budget Airline absed in Central and Eastern Europe, hub in Budapest.
Air Scotland - Bargain Flights to the Sun from Scotland.
Globespan - Scottish based budget airline, flying from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Glasgow Prestwick
Fly Zoom - Canadian based budget airline, providing much a cheapness trans-atlantic link.
Sky Europe - Central European budget airline mainly serving airports in Poland.
Fly Be - English based budget airline.
Hapag-Lloyd Express - German budget airline, now linking Edinburgh with Hamburg :-)

General Travel
Fodors Travel Guide - General Guides to hundreds of destinations.
Lonely Planet - Great Site for general research including a very active forum.
Rough Guides - Similar to lonely planet, just like their books are similar so are their websites.
Palin's Travels - Top bloke Michael Palin's Travel website.
Polo's Bastards - Third World Country Travel and Politics, interesting.
In Your Pocket - Superb Site for information about Eastern Europe/
Sleeping in Airports - Going to be stuck in an airport overnight?? Check out you sleeping options here!!

Buses
Megabus - Dirt Cheap bus travel in the UK.

Geographical Interest
Nationmaster - For every stat on any country of the world you'll ever need. Especially appealing to geeks.

• Intro Updated Dec 13, 2006

• tracylacie's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Going to be out of town for your birthday...and since I was late last year with the wishes...thought I would be early this year.....so, Happy Birthday! Hope it is great! Tracy~

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California! Here's to many more wonderful years!

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2008 at 8:15 AM

Happy birthday, have a nice day! Cheers from Mexico...

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2007 at 2:26 PM

happy birthday!!!!! Hope you had a good one!!! g

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2007 at 7:38 AM

Happy 32d birthday from the Southern United States.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2007 at 6:11 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul / Turkiye ..I wish that you realize all your dreams ...good luck

• ino_hsb's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Happy new year! All the best for 2007.

• lovin_it's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2006 at 1:23 PM

Cool pages mate. I'm a Perth boy myself. If you are still planning on heading out to Peru and need a contact, my mother lives out there 9 months of the year.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2006 at 9:11 PM

G'Day there mate. Sorry I missed your B'Day, all out of wack with waking up at all hours to watch the World Cup. Hope you had a great day & got spoiled by your family. Best wishes for the coming year.

• stevehallam's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2006 at 4:14 PM

Happy Birthday Mate! all the best from Manchester

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
weewatty's Profile Photo

weewatty

“Go everywhere whilst you can!! Whats Stopping You??”

Real Name