"A new world around every corner" Sileas's Profile
This page is still far from finished. I haven't done anything in a long time and many pages need updating and further building. I will spend the next weeks to do this so watch this space :)
And now: Welcome to my homepage. Make yourself a home, have cup of tea or coffee (or, in my case, hot chocolate...) and take a look around.
So much about myself: I am a 23-year-old student of history and languages, currently living and studying in the town of Greifswald, located on Germany's Baltic sea coast. I have another year to go if every thing goes right, and I cannot wait to be finished to have time to see more of the world.
I have lived abroad twice so far - in Scotland right after finishing school and in Norway last year as an exchange student. Both were opportunities I'm very glad I have taken and wouldn't miss for anything in the world! Now it's time for my third one - a bit further off in Nepal!
I have been travelling quite a lot in the last years - and seen a fair share of the European countries. My next goal will be to travel to places even further off, the first on my list being Greenland and Mongolia.
There will be a couple of pages on my past trips, although not on all, as I cannot remember some of them well enough to give any tips ;o) Also some of them have been to long ago and I cannot find any decent pictures...
Finally I have got a digital camera for christmas so I will be able to put on some more photos and don't have to bother with scanning and cutting them out...
Nepal - March - July 2007
Carcassonne, France - March 2007
Glasgow, Scotland - New Year 2006/7
New England, USA - October 2006
Voss, Norway - July - September 2006
England and Scotland - October 2005
Bergen, Norge - January - December 2005
Riga, Latvia - December 2004
Bratislava, Slovakia - November 2004
Scotland, July - August 04
Western Germany - May-June 2004
Leiden - NL, March 2004
London - GB, Winter 03/04
Prague - CZ, Deceber 03
Scotland, August - October 03
Sweden, July - August 03
Finally a word or two about one of my favourite places in the world: Scotland has become my second home since I was living and working there from August 2001-August 2002.
It is just one of the most beautiful and diverse parts of the world and I try to return as often as possible, which is about twice a year, otherwise I get really homesick!
I just returned from yet another stay there. This time I stayed mostly in the Borders - the area often forgotten when visiting Scotland, although it is most worth seeing!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 58 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Sileas and Sansi are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Nepal Forum "Re: Female guide....."
- Commented on one of mad4travel's Tibet travel pages
updated their Profile Page "A new world around every corner"
- Wrote a Review Local transportation in Berlin Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "The S-Bahn"
- updated a Voss Travel Page "The adventure base"
Top 5 Pages
- Greifswald Intro, 23 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort William Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Berlin Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Scotland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos