"A new world around every corner" Sileas's Profile

This page is still far from finished. I haven't done anything in a long time and many pages need updating and further building. I will spend the next weeks to do this so watch this space :)

And now: Welcome to my homepage. Make yourself a home, have cup of tea or coffee (or, in my case, hot chocolate...) and take a look around.

So much about myself: I am a 23-year-old student of history and languages, currently living and studying in the town of Greifswald, located on Germany's Baltic sea coast. I have another year to go if every thing goes right, and I cannot wait to be finished to have time to see more of the world.

I have lived abroad twice so far - in Scotland right after finishing school and in Norway last year as an exchange student. Both were opportunities I'm very glad I have taken and wouldn't miss for anything in the world! Now it's time for my third one - a bit further off in Nepal!

Journeys - not as many as it should be

I have been travelling quite a lot in the last years - and seen a fair share of the European countries. My next goal will be to travel to places even further off, the first on my list being Greenland and Mongolia.

There will be a couple of pages on my past trips, although not on all, as I cannot remember some of them well enough to give any tips ;o) Also some of them have been to long ago and I cannot find any decent pictures...
Finally I have got a digital camera for christmas so I will be able to put on some more photos and don't have to bother with scanning and cutting them out...

My last travels

Prague - CZ, Deceber 03
Scotland, August - October 03
Sweden, July - August 03

Scotland

Finally a word or two about one of my favourite places in the world: Scotland has become my second home since I was living and working there from August 2001-August 2002.
It is just one of the most beautiful and diverse parts of the world and I try to return as often as possible, which is about twice a year, otherwise I get really homesick!

I just returned from yet another stay there. This time I stayed mostly in the Borders - the area often forgotten when visiting Scotland, although it is most worth seeing!

• Intro Updated Apr 24, 2007

Personal Pages (1)

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Hallo Julia! Ich wünsche Dir einen wunderschönen Geburtstag! Viele Grüße, Michele

• mturkkan's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2006 at 7:59 AM

Happy Birthday to you from Turkey

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2006 at 11:44 PM

Lover your cat photo. Happy Birthday to you. Hope you have a fabulous day :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2006 at 5:52 PM

From Chicago, I send you a happy birthday wish...a wish that your day is blessed with sunshine, good health, fun-filled celebrations, friends, family, and future travel adventures.

• Jul 17, 2006 at 8:14 AM

Hi Julia! Thanks for visiting my Magdeburg page - your friend is "having you on" :)), as you can see there is loads to do in Magdeburg - don't forget to check out the Angel theatre if ever you visit! It's brilliant!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2006 at 8:12 AM

Ohhh, you have been to quite a few interesting places in Eastern and Northern Europe. It really is about time to build some pages ... :-)

• Ritcheanne's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 8:50 AM

Happy birthday!!! Have fun... =)

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 2:16 AM

Happy Birthday and greetings from Poland.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 1:20 AM

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you , Happy birthday to Julia, Happy birthday to you. :) :)) :)) I wish you not only a happy new year, but also happier many maaany returns. What a lovley stuff you have. Congratulations.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 9:03 AM

We are visiting Berlin over the Easter weekend. Looking forward to seeing all the changes since my last visit. Cheers for the comments.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Sileas's Profile Photo

Sileas

“"The future is just a f****** concept that we use to avoid being alive today"”

Real Name