"Awe inspiring Abu Simbel" Abu Simbel by Kariba
Abu Simbel Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 33 photos
Awe inspiring, magnificent, wonderous are a few words you could use to describe Abu Simbel! An amazing feat of architecture, artwork and construction. This fantastic archealogical site comprises two temples, dedicated to Amon-Ra, Harmakis & Ptah, however, it also served to glorify its builder Ramses II. Largely covered in sand for centuries & cut and moved to make way for the rising waters of Lake Nasser, this ancient marvel has stood the test of time & will hopefully continue to do so for generations to come.
Most people usually visit Abu Simbel as a day trip from Aswan. Both flights & buses leave early in the morning, when... more travel advice
Kariba's Related Pages
Abu Simbel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical place"
- "Day trip to Abu Simbel"
- "Awe inspiring Abu Simbel"
- "The Ancient"
- "Abu Simbel"
- "Excursion by minibus to Abu Simbel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abu Simbel
- Transportation in Abu Simbel
- Nightlife in Abu Simbel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abu Simbel
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Abu Simbel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abu Simbel
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Krakow Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Berlin Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Mostar Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Havana Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 3 photos
- Abu Simbel Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Romania Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.