"The Capital of Costa Rica" San José by nphau1016
San José Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 49 photos
San Jose was a tightly packed city with a lof of people and a lot of action. There were street vendors everywhere, and stores all around you that offered you choices of food, shoes, fresh bread, music, clothes, alcohol, posters, art, and so much more.
Here is when we met Glenda Peace for the first time when we got to Costa Rica. She is the national brigades coordinator for Habitat for Humanity- Costa Rica. She is a native Costa Rican and was a great tour guide and trip coordinator. We met and spoke here for about an hour while we waited for the Tourismo, then we loaded up all of our luggage on the top of Tourismo and headed off for the city of Buenos Aires where we were to work for five days with local families on their homes through Habitat for Humanity.
This was our first venture into the downtown of the capital. The streets were in good condition in most places and there was a lot of commerce. Up to the right in the picture one of the common sights is visible in the run down boarded up stores, it added spice to the city.
- Pros:A lot of culture to see
- Cons:A lot of people in a small space
- In a nutshell:The capital of Costa Rica is not an overhwhelming city, with friendly people and a lot of places to shop
When getting into a taxi, always amke sure that they tell you how much their rate is, because we were misled one time... more travel advice
nphau1016's Related Pages
San José Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Jose"
- "The Capital of Costa Rica"
- "Fun !!!!"
- "It's Pura Vida time"
- "San Jose, Capital of Costa Rica"
- "Very Inexpensive place to live"
- "San José, Costa Rica"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San José
- Hotels in San José
- Transportation in San José
- Nightlife in San José
- Restaurants in San José
- Shopping in San José
- Warnings and Dangers in San José
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San José
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to San José?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José
Top 10 Pages
- San José Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Ramón Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Estes Park Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Madison Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Steamboat Springs Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Fort Collins Intro, 2 photos
- Naperville Intro, 1 photo
- Saint John's Intro, 1 photo
- Fortuna Intro, 1 photo