"Capital City of Armenia, Yerevan" K'aghak' Yerevan by RedEaredPanda

K'aghak' Yerevan Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 927 photos

Girl Playing the Kanon

An Armenian girl dressed in traditional Armenian costumes playing the Kanon at Old Yerevan Restaurant in Yerevan. The Kanon is a traditional Armenian instrument used for many centuries. She was excellent at playing music and we really enjoyed our night dining and listening to music and dancing.

To read more about dining at Old Yerevan restaurant, please visit my Yerevan VT page.

• Pros:Very Safe city with lots to see with excellent nightlife
  • In a nutshell:Simply Gorgeous!!!
  • Last visit to K'aghak' Yerevan: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2004

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Rafi, the cemetery tips really appealed to me (I love cemeteries) and I was especially moved by your suggestion to go when the grieving mothers are there. What a special honor to share this grief, really. Tks...

• Dec 7, 2007 at 10:14 PM

thanks! Cant find a lonely planet guide book to Armenia, but your tips are making up for it!

• VirtualSufi's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 6:01 AM

Great stuff. I was there in Oct. 2006 for 4 days and I loved the place. Made the trip to Garni and Geghard but little else. I stayed back after the conference just to spend a full free day in Yerevan. Hopefully I will put up the photos of my visit soon.

• marinarena's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2006 at 1:41 PM

Barev...Thanks for the wealth of info on the Genocide Museum...really more people should take some time to know about it -Marie

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2006 at 1:25 AM

great tips and good photos - I enjoyed your page

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 4:40 PM

Lots of great tips :) I saw a Botero exhibition while in Singapore last year, lots of lovely fat sculptures!

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2005 at 4:40 PM

Happy New Year- Christine & Raffi - greetings from Jerusalem [with Armenian quarter as part of it]! Genocide is familiar for me as an Israeli. Well-done page, thanx.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2005 at 11:05 AM

Good clear concise tips (such a change from many others!)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 11:36 PM

When I was in Yerevan, Republic Square was under restoration and not much could be seen. It will be nice to walk there next year! Great page Rafi!

• umashanker's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2005 at 11:28 PM

Statue of Mother Arising out of the Ashes near Genocine Memorial is heart touching.

RedEaredPanda

“SO MUCH to see, so little time!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in K'aghak' Yerevan

Have you been to K'aghak' Yerevan?