"Passed through the Region, Visited Arteni" K'aghak' Ashtarak by RedEaredPanda
K'aghak' Ashtarak Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 28 photos
On the way to Anipemza, we stopped by a village by the name of Arteni.. Arteni is in the region of Ashtarak in Armenia.. There was a house by the road and infront, a bucket full of apricots. We stopped by to see if we could by a kilogram to take with us on the road.. If you don't know, the apricots in Armenia taste the best.. they're juicy and very sweet.. They even export apricots from Armenia to Russia and other parts of the world..
The villagers, this man in the picture, his wife and their only son came outside when they heard a car stop.. They invited us inside their farm house to get some apricots.. The picture is of the man proudly standing by the table he has spread halved apricots to dry so he can sell them.
This family was very hospitable like every family we came across in Armenia and the villages.. The man took Christine to the back of the farm and they came back with Christine's hands full of sour cherry they had picked from the trees in the yard.. They tasted wonderful.
Then they gave us a tour of their little farm house and showed us their animals..
We purchased two kilograms of apricots from them and boy, they tasted sweet and wonderful on our long journey that day to Anipemza and back..
- Pros:Wonderful Hospitable Villagers
- In a nutshell:Love to meet the locals and learn their everyday life
This is a view of the yard the villagers lived in Arteni village.. In the back, you can see a door which leads to where... more travel advice
RedEaredPanda's Related Pages
K'aghak' Ashtarak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Passed through the Region, Visited Arteni"
- Create a K'aghak' Ashtarak Travel Page
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in K'aghak' Ashtarak
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to K'aghak' Ashtarak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in K'aghak' Ashtarak
Photos in K'aghak' AshtarakSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Armenia Intro, 49 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- K'aghak' Yerevan Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Ejmiatsin Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nadi Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Izamal Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berkeley Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Glendale Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue