"Kingston, where I went to grad school" Kingston by rwlittle
Kingston Travel Guide: 182 reviews and 384 photos
I went to grad school in Kingston, at Queen's University, to get my Master's degree in physics. Kingston used to be the capital of Canada, back in the old colonial days, so there are some historical sights to see. I would encourage a visit in the summertime; winters can be bitterly cold, and snowy.
For the first two years I lived in Kingston, I stayed in a basement apartment. You can see the door to the apartment open in the photo. All winter long, I had the plug-in electrical heaters running full blast, to keep the place warm.
It was a bit of a culture shock for me, moving out to Kingston. It took me a while to settle in, make friends, and adjust to the temperature and snow. I do look back on these days fondly though. My thesis project was successful, and led me to the career I have today.
rwlittle's Related Pages
Kingston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kingston and the 1000 Islands"
- "Canada's First Capital....Kingston"
- "A beautiful drive to Kingston"
- "A City Full of History"
- "My Kingston and Wolfe Island page"
- "Canada's First Capital"
- "Deus_ultima's new Kingston Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingston
- Hotels in Kingston
- Transportation in Kingston
- Nightlife in Kingston
- Restaurants in Kingston
- Shopping in Kingston
- Warnings and Dangers in Kingston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kingston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston
Photos in KingstonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Boston Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nîmes Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Les Baux-de-Provence Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue