"Missing Cambridge..." Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge by rwlittle
Cambridge Travel Guide: 334 reviews and 649 photos
Cambridge is a eclectic, vibrant city, with lots to see and do. When we lived in nearby Somerville, we'd walk to Harvard Square in Cambridge many weekends in the spring, summer, and fall, to grab a bite to eat, shop, and catch live music and other street performers. Now that I've moved out, way out, into the suburbs, I miss Cambridge.
To me, Harvard Square is the dominant core of the city. There are lots of shops and restaurants to visit. I've tried to provide my favorites here, so try them out, and enjoy!
Like its namesake in England, Cambridge is a place well-known for higher learning, because of Harvard and MIT. Even Winnie the Pooh apparently goes to Harvard--or at least he lives here!
There are many parks in Cambridge. However, the most favorite "green space" for many folks is the Charles River. As you can see, it's a favorite of more than just people!
The Head of the Charles Regatta is the world's largest rowing event. Competitors, and fans, come from all over the world... more travel advice
Adjacent to Harvard and Harvard Square is the Old Burying Ground. It's behind a metal gate and fence, but is quite... more travel advice
rwlittle's Related Pages
Cambridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Missing Cambridge..."
- "You go for Harvard, you stay for Cambridge!"
- "Cambridge: The other side of the Charles"
- "Go with the Red"
- "Harvard and much more"
- "People's Republik of Cambridge"
- "The centre of (intellectual) power"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambridge
- Hotels in Cambridge
- Transportation in Cambridge
- Nightlife in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Shopping in Cambridge
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambridge
- 17 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cambridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambridge
Photos in CambridgeSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Boston Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nîmes Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Les Baux-de-Provence Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue