"Welcome to my little part of the world!" rwlittle's Profile
You must be lost, if you've made it here to my little corner of VT! ;) Or perhaps not, you never know... Since you're here, feel free to take a look around....though I'm nowhere near done yet. I'm still working on documenting my travels, a piece at a time. It's fun for me, and it's my little contribution to the VT community, so hopefully it's occasionally useful to y'all.
Hopefully I haven't embarassed myself too too much with my efforts here!
The travels I'm most proud of, because I planned them myself and we had a lot of fun:
- "Paris, Strasbourg, Lyon, Bonjour!" -- 2001
- "London, Oxford, Bath, and sundry other points" -- 2002
- "Southern France, Toulouse to Marseille, Bonjour!" -- 2003
- "Velkommen hen til K?benhavn!" -- 2004
And, most recently...
- "I move to Cupertino -- tale of the journey" -- 2005
These destination pages seem to be your current favourites:
- Nimes, and Pont du Gard
- Welcome to the ancient city of Arles!
- Avignon, perched against the Rhone
- Missing Cambridge...
- Somerville, urban "surburb" of Boston
Somehow, my Banff page does not qualify...but I'll keep trying! ;)
About me, in brief...
- I was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in 1970.
- I now live in Cupertino, CA, USA. Previously I'd lived in the Boston area for over 10 years.
- I went to "physics school" in Canada, getting both bachelor's and master's degrees, and now work as an acoustics/transducer engineer.
- I enjoy traveling (primarily in Europe), hockey (I *am* Canadian), tennis, reading, the occasional computer game, photography, and music.
I've been in and out of China this summer and fall, repeatedly, on business.
AND, here's the less-happy news. Folks here have been very supportive of honeymoon and wedding plans for me, but M and I are no longer together. I'm a single guy again.
The updates, they keep a-comin'......
Slowly, but surely, I am adding page after page to might site here on VT. Please, feel free to check out my pages, especially the new ones, and rate 'em if you'd like!
Updated pages from 2006, with the most recent updates first:
- Boston, MA, USA, last visited in October 2005
- San Francisco, CA, USA, last visited in February 2006
- Hingham, MA, USA, last visited in June 2005
- New Orleans, LA, USA, last visited in February 2006
- Toronto, ON, Canada, last visited in November 2004
- Tokyo, Japan, last visited in February 2006
- Menlo Park, CA, USA, last visited in January 2006
- Palo Alto, CA, USA, last visited in February 2006
- Holyoke, MA, USA, last visited in July 2005
- I move to Cupertino
- Cupertino, CA, USA
2006 in progress
Places I've visited this year, so far:
- Penang, Malaysia, on business, in November 2006
- Vancouver, in July, to see my folks
- Panyu, China, in July, August, September, and October/November (4 separate business trips)
- New Orleans, LA, USA, for family, 9-13 February 2006
- Tokyo, Japan, on business, 4-7 February 2006
2005 in review
Here's where I visited in 2005:
- Sightseeing in Massachusetts: Beverly, Hingham, Amherst.
- Visiting my ex in New Orleans several times during the first half of the year.
- Danville IL USA for business.
- Cupertino, Palo Alto, and San Francisco, California USA in August, for a job interview and for sightseeing.
- Berkeley and San Francisco, in September, to visit my ex and find an apartment.
- I relocated to Cupertino in early November by driving across the USA.
- Surrey and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in December, for the Christmas holidays.
Personal Pages (4)
Written Feb 19, 2005
Pictures of me, over the years...1970-1993
Written Jan 29, 2005
Pictures of me, over the years...1994-2001
Written Dec 6, 2004
Pictures of me, over the years...2001-2003
Written Jan 8, 2006
Pictures of me, over the years...2003-2005
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 250 Reviews
- 525 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 37 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- rwlittle and dinagideon are now friends.
- Commented on jessicadf's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to my little part of the world!"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my little part of the world!"
- created a China Travel Page "Work adventures in China..."
- Wrote a Review great dim sum! about Ton Kiang in San Francisco Restaurants
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: Left-handedness!"
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Boston Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nîmes Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Les Baux-de-Provence Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue