"Jiblah" Jiblah by Mcclovis
Jiblah Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 23 photos
Yemen is a country which anchors you to reality but Jiblah is a place extracted from Arabian Nights. It has retained its antique atmosphere, even in the people's way of life.
This is one of the few mosques in Yemen which a non-Muslim can visit. The imam will hover about you like a hawk chewing qat until you give him some money. Pictures are allowed but respect for the place is important. After all Queen Arwa was a remarkable woman who reigned and ruled Yemen for a number of years, hundreds of years ago.
There isn't much to see in the museum but the view from its roof is magnificent. The guide is very good: he is just 10 or 11 years old and can speak English very well. He also knows how to ask for tips though I think a 100 or 200 rials would suffice.
Mcclovis' Related Pages
Jiblah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Queen Arwa"
- "Pictures of Jiblah"
- "Simply beautiful"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jiblah
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Jiblah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jiblah
Top 10 Pages
- Yemen Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Qal`at Sahyun Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Damascus Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Sanaa Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latakia Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hebron Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawkaban Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos