"Kawkaban" Top 5 Page for this destination Kawkaban by Mcclovis
Kawkaban Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 59 photos
The walk up to Kawkaban was long and ardous. Still it was worth it. Kawkaban is a fortified citadel and very popular with Yemeni families and tourists. The views from the top are breathtaking and the buildings - although most are falling apart - have some very interesting intricacies such as the inscription above written in an ancient language.
The high cliffs at the edge of the city offered as much protection as the high walls on the other side.
Mcclovis' Related Pages
Kawkaban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kawkaban and northern Shibam"
- "Kawkaban, Shibam and Al Tawela"
- "Sanaa Day Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kawkaban
- Hotels in Kawkaban
- Transportation in Kawkaban
- Restaurants in Kawkaban
- Shopping in Kawkaban
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kawkaban
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kawkaban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kawkaban
Photos in KawkabanSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Yemen Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Qal`at Sahyun Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Damascus Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Sanaa Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latakia Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hebron Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawkaban Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos