"Lattakia" Top 5 Page for this destination Latakia by Mcclovis
Latakia Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 180 photos
I only had the chance to travel to Lattakia for two short trips only but it was enough to realise that it is a special city for Syria. It does not have the fascinating aspects of Damascus or Aleppo. It rouses the dreamy traveller (such as me) out of irreality into the fact that Syria is a country moving into the future as well as extending into the past. Highrise hotels on the seafront; naval containers and warehouses; miniskirts and latest fashion wear parading on the Corniche; a modern University; wide roads and streets... and still so Syrian!
However this is just a first impression. I have promised myself that I'll visit again for a longer period and do some exploring.
Walking is a favourite activity in Syria - apart from eating! And the Corniche is for both. It is a long wide street... more travel advice
Mcclovis' Related Pages
Latakia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lattakia, Ugarit and Saladin's Castle"
- "a so-called beach resort"
- "Communist city and starting point for..."
- "Mediteranean See from the hotel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Latakia
- Hotels in Latakia
- Transportation in Latakia
- Nightlife in Latakia
- Restaurants in Latakia
- Shopping in Latakia
- Warnings and Dangers in Latakia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Latakia
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Latakia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Latakia
Top 10 Pages
- Yemen Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Qal`at Sahyun Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Damascus Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Sanaa Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latakia Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hebron Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawkaban Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos