"Some of my travels" jimkpa's Profile

Nairobi

I travelled alone to Nairobi to adopt Asher in September 2003. I was amazed how many Africans are hoping to immigrate into USA or Canada. They have it very tough and see us as so prosperous and we really are, we just don't know it. I sat all day with everybody in line waiting to present forms at the Embassy and observed how desperate people are to leave. I am sure this is not all encompassing as I am sure many are happy. One example was a grandparent couple with two grandchildren. I heard that the children wold be allowed but not the grandparents (it is possible that the parents were already in US) I met very kind and friendly friends there and will always remember.

Pretoria South Africa 2002

The whole family went to SA to adopt Abram in September 2002.

Grand Canyon National Park south rim

In June 2004, Kelly and I took the aughters Abby and Amy to Arizona to tour around and spent some days at the Grand Canyon. A must see. June was wonderful as it was dry, cool (almost COLD) in the mornings but hot by noon. An interesting fact I remember is after getting the rental car in Phoenix AZ the radio mentioned a high temp of 100 degrees! Then that same day it hit 32 degrees in Flagstaff AZ, only two hours away but at a much higher elevation. The contrast was refreshing.

Abby

The VT members in UK REALLY went out of their way to be helpful and friendly to my daughter and I thank them all!

• Intro Updated Jan 11, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!