"Dundee - Quick Tips for a Quick Visit" Top 5 Page for this destination Dundee by scotlandscotour
Dundee Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 204 photos
Dundee is digging itself out of a hole but is still a bit rough, though vastly improved by large amounts of government money and some high tech industries arriving to replace the decaying old manufacturing.
Certainly, for those with well paid jobs living in the countryside near Dundee is very comfortable. Life in the city tower blocks and sprawling estates is less attractive.
A lot of improvements for Dundee are fuelled by a dynamic council and the University. The image of Dundee is so poor to most outsiders that it turns out to be hugely impressive. That's what low expectations can do for a place!
On Perth Road, near the University - a nice part of town - the DCA is my favourite place in Dundee! Definitely the place to spend a few hours / meet friends / rejuvinate your senses, see some interesting films ...
There is the Discovery Centre and the Verdant Works - great places to learn about the past - but not cheap.
You will likely get tired of Dundee before completing its tourist attractions ... but don't despair ...
See St Andrews over the Tay Bridge, and the best views of Dundee are from the other side of the Tay Estuary!!! And don't forget the Angus Glens, Castles and Ancient History nearby.
Buy some Dundee Cake and locally grown fruits.
After reading my Dundee Tips, I recommend reading my Scotland Travel Tips
. Dundee is famous for ... Jute, Jam and Journalism ... that is the Jute Mills and related industry, and shipping... more travel advice
scotlandscotour's Related Pages
Dundee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Dundee"
- "Bonnie Dundee?"
- "Dundee - Quick Tips for a Quick Visit"
- "Dundee by Marianna"
- "On Official Business"
- "Living In Historical DUNDEE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dundee
- Hotels in Dundee
- Transportation in Dundee
- Nightlife in Dundee
- Restaurants in Dundee
- Shopping in Dundee
- Warnings and Dangers in Dundee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dundee
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Dundee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dundee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 95 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 68 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orkney Intro, 47 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 42 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 27 reviews, 27 photos
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Skye Intro, 24 reviews, 6 photos
- Ronda Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Wales Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos