"Area Outstanding Natural Beauty - Limestone Hill" Prestatyn by scotlandscotour
Prestatyn Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 5 photos
Prestatyn is a quiet town, busy with old people and a few young locals who stayed. I left but my heart remains. So does my mum :-)
Prestatyn is in an amazingly beautiful and under rated part of Wales. Overshadowed by its ugly neighbour - Rhyl - few people see the natural beauty and charm of Prestatyn - yet it is one of the most incredible locations on Earth. Photographs of Prestatyn
Prestatyn Hillside, overlooking the Irish sea and the small town in between, is the northern "grand finale" of the delightful Offa's Dyke Footpath - a national trail from Chepstow in South Wales, to Prestatyn (168 miles, 6-12 days walk), mirroring the ancient earthwork that demarked the boundary between Mercia and Wild Wales.
Prestatyn Hillside is part of the Clwydian Range Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - again in the shadow of the mighty Snowdonia National Park, just west.
If you want quiet, beautiful walks, horse riding or cycling, village pubs, ancient churches, hedgerows, and sunsets - this area has it all, unspoiled.
The Surrounding Area
Chester is only 25 miles to the East, Llandudno, Conwy and Snowdonia are the same distance west. In land are the historic towns of St Asaph, Rhuddlan, Denbigh, Ruthin and Mold (great name). Pictures of the Area
Welsh is a re-invigorated language inland, often spoken by farmers and locals, enlightened incomers and media people. The policy of bi-lingualism in all public sector jobs greatly encourages Welsh in every day use.
The coastal strip of towns, like Prestatyn and Rhyl, are heavily influenced by the tourism and retired folk from towns like Liverpool, Manchester and Stoke on Trent - all English. the accent is therefore a wierd mix of Welsh and Liverpudlian. English is the first language.
Have a look at Prestatyn's Website or see my Rhyl Page
Prestatyn Beach. Whether you are dipping your toes after a long walk of the Offa's Dyke Footpath; building sand... more travel advice
You must see the view from the top of Prestatyn Hillside. Luckily you can drive there, but the walking up this steep... more travel advice
scotlandscotour's Related Pages
Prestatyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Area Outstanding Natural Beauty - Limestone Hill"
- "My home town"
- "Sunny visit to Prestatyn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prestatyn
- Hotels in Prestatyn
- Transportation in Prestatyn
- Nightlife in Prestatyn
- Restaurants in Prestatyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Prestatyn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prestatyn
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Prestatyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prestatyn
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Costs in Scotland"
- Wrote a Review 360 Panorama Webcam - View in Prestatyn Favorites
- updated a Prestatyn Travel Page "Area Outstanding Natural Beauty - Limestone Hill"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Area Outstanding Natural Beauty - Limestone Hill"
- Commented on one of SarahTony's Prestatyn travel pages
Photos in PrestatynSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 95 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 68 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orkney Intro, 47 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 42 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 27 reviews, 27 photos
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Skye Intro, 24 reviews, 6 photos
- Ronda Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Wales Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos