"Along the Narmada River" Jabalpur by HarShe
Jabalpur Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 21 photos
The Small village of Jabalpur tehsil situated on the bank of river Narmada and widely famous for its Marble Rocks is at a distance about 21 Km from Jabalpur by road. Soaring in glittering splendour, the Marble Rocks at Bhedaghat rise to a hundred feet on either side of the Narmada.
The perpendicular magnesium limestone rocks fringe the crystal clear placid waters of the Narmada providing a fascinating site. Boating facilities are available between November-May. Boating on a moonlit night, when the whole stretch of water is transformed into a sheet of liquid silver is absolutely magical.
In places the rocks are so close that according to folklore, a monkey can leap across (bandar = monkey; kudi = leap).
The Narmada, making its way through the Marble Rocks, Narrows down and then plunges in a waterfall , known as Dhuandhar or the smoke cascade. So powerful is the plunge that its roar is heard from a far distance, The falls and the breaking of the volume of water at the crest present an awesome spectacle of Nature's power unleashed.
HarShe's Related Pages
Jabalpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the centre of the world!"
- "Marble Rock"
- "Along the Narmada River"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cape Verde
- Isola di Ponza
- Halls Crossroads Hotels
- Cebu Island
- Mordialloc Hotels
- Amnicon Falls Hotels
- Porto Ercole
- Lake Geneva
- Saint Simons Island
- San Marcelino Hotels
- Winema Beach Hotels
- São Paulo
- Le Touquet-Paris-Plage
- San Francisco de Macorís Hotels
Badges & Stats in Jabalpur
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Jabalpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jabalpur
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 6 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Healesville Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Coldstream Intro, 2 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Akaroa Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Queenstown Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Franz Josef Glacier Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (30)
Latest Jabalpur hotel reviews
- Narmada Jackson'S Hotel
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013