"Nagpur - the Orange city" Nagpur by HarShe
Nagpur Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 22 photos
So called because oranges (mandarines) are produced in very large numbers around Nagpur. The best are exported and the local market is flooded with the fruit in season.
Nagpur is right in the centre of India, well connected by air and train from all major cities in India.
Recently 'refurbished', this magnifient ground was recently in the news when Australia beat India at this ground to clinch the series after a gap of 30 years.
Cricket to Indians is what football is to Europeans or baseball is to the Americans. It is played in every possible place one can think of !
One of the oldest lakes on the outskirts of Nagpur, has recently been 'beautified' so as to be used by public. There are various activities - rowing, water sports conducted, light shows and lots of hawkers line the street from dusk when the lights are turned on.
HarShe's Related Pages
Nagpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nagpur - the Orange city"
- "The History Of Nagpur City"
- "geographical centre-point of India"
- "Temperatures can run high in the summers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagpur
- Hotels in Nagpur
- Transportation in Nagpur
- Restaurants in Nagpur
- Shopping in Nagpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagpur
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nagpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagpur
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 6 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Healesville Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Coldstream Intro, 2 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Akaroa Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Queenstown Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Franz Josef Glacier Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos