"Yosemite Valley : travel tips to THE Valley" Yosemite Village by wildography
Yosemite Village Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 1 photos
First, a quick introduction...
I first came to Yosemite in 1985; since then I have visited Yosemite a many times. In 2002, I came to Yosemite Valley to live, and work. I worked for the official concessionair of Yosemite National Park : Yosemite Concession Services. I was employed as a Security Officer. After a brief departure in 2002, I returned to Yosemite Valley and have been here ever since.
An avid hiker and photographer, I have explored, and discovered for myself, Yosemite Valley. During my travels in this 7 mile long by 1 mile wide Valley, I have found MANY areas that visitors VERY rarely visit. I also have found the BEST and the WORST times to visit Yosemite Valley.
Hopefully, the information below will assist you in planning your next trip to the "INCOMPARABLE VALLEY".
BEST time: April 15 - May 15. WHY:
Waterfalls are ALL flowing strong; there are fewer people; warmer temperatures; wildflowers.
(ranked according to my opinion)
1) April; 2) May; 3) February; 4) November; 5) January; 6) March
(ranked according to my opinion)
7) August; 8) September; 9) July; 10) June; 11) October; 12) December
Important Times: (not ranked in order)
1) last week of February: Yosemite's NATURAL firefall - Horsetail Falls;
2) April: waterfalls approach peak flow;
3) May 15th: tourist season kicks in full force;
4) June: the "high country" opens;
5) July 15th: mule deer fawns born;
5) mid August: waterfalls begin to dry up;
6) September: most waterfalls dry (except Vernal, Nevada, & Bridalveil);
7) late October: fall colors emerge;
8) December: waterfalls begin to flow again;
BEST way to visit Yosemite Valley: live & work there!
Buy "the guidebook to Yosemite Valley";
Buy "the photographer's guide to Yosemite Valley"
Buy the "yosemite Valley map"
All of the above are available at Valley stores and are THE BEST information sources available.
- ride the FREE shuttle bus : to see the main areas of the Valley;
- sign up for the FREE camera walk at the Ansel Adams Gallery (ask for Christine Loberg);
- ask at the Yosemite Lodge front office about the FREE programs;
- HIKE to: Mirror Lake; Bridalveil Fall; Lower Yosemite Fall; Swinging Bridge & Leidig meadow;
- SEE: the Chapel; the Ahwahnee Hotel; sunset at Cook's Meadow; the Valley cemetary; the Visitor's Center & Indian museum;
- EXPERIENCE: what it feels like to lie down in the middle of Leidig meadow at sunset and watch the stars come out;
- ENJOY the MAGIC of Yosemite by just being there!
- Pros:beauty; Mule Deer; coyotes, the trees, Half Dome, El Cap
- Cons:LOTS of visitors from June through August
- In a nutshell:Life's reality changes when you enter the VALLEY
if you get stupid when hiking or climbing in Yosemite... you could die!!! (if your lucky, maybe just a few broken... more travel advice
Yosemite Village Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Yosemite Village
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Yosemite Village?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yosemite Village
- Commented on one of wildography's Yosemite Village travel pages
- Posted in Travel Yosemite National Park Forum "Re: Family of 3 with 10yr child"
- Wrote a Review its not worth dying for... in Yosemite Village Warnings and Dangers
- created a Yosemite Village Travel Page "Yosemite Valley : travel tips to THE Valley"
No friends yet.