"Kalkar - via Romana" Kalkar by beetlebummer
Kalkar Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
The next stop, after Kleve, is Kalkar. Kalkar is a quiet little town with a picturesque historical centre which is close to the Dutch border. Kalkar is also very famous for its nuclear power station that, due to technical and political difficulties, never went on stream and was later converted into a water wonderland.
When you reached Kalkar, you will see this beautiful, beautiful mini park, full of sea gulls and ducks.
A german windmill. This one is from the year 1770. I am a big fan of windmills. So I got so excited to see a German one. Distinctive with those stripes! Just too bad the weather was not on my side, thus the cloudy, grey sky.
- Pros:There's a directory/map at the carpark opposite the mini park, showing you the attractions in Kalkar. A great help around.
There's a gourmet restaurant in the rathskeller (cellar) in the Town Hall. more travel advice
The 1450 Gothic hall church is one of the finest on the Lower Rhine. Its attractions includes its carved altars,... more travel advice
beetlebummer's Related Pages
Kalkar Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kalkar
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kalkar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalkar
Photos in KalkarSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Brugge Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harderwijk Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dunkerque Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Batu Pahat Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muiden Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 1 travelogue