"Kleve - via Romana" Top 5 Page for this destination Kleve by beetlebummer
Kleve Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 64 photos
Finally, I made it to Germany. Thanks to Uncle Farid (had he not driven me there...). We drove to Germany from Rotterdam, ending up following the via Romana, translates 'the Roman way'. The via Romana is a road built by the Romans and it is still in existence and travelled on. Traces of the Romans settlements can still be seen in the towns linked by the via Romana. The first town I entered, following the via Romana is Kleve, a town near the Rhine River and the Dutch border.
This is the shopping area in Kleve. The mixture of old and new buildings makes it a very cozy street to do your shopping. Well, I didn't go around much in Kleve. I visited the shopping area, where I have my first encounters with the Germans. Turns out, they are very friendly and welcoming.
Seen here in this picture are the towers of the 14th century Gothic church.
From my research (which I did AFTER I visited Kleve...sigh!), there is a Schwanenburg, or Swans' Castle in the center of... more travel advice
beetlebummer's Related Pages
Kleve Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kleve Page"
- "Kleve - via Romana"
- "Kleve, Germany, just across our "border""
- "Operation Market Garden Tour ? Kleve"
- "SCHLOSS MOYLAND"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kleve
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kleve?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kleve
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Brugge Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harderwijk Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dunkerque Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Batu Pahat Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muiden Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 1 travelogue