"A Fresh Start 2004" beetlebummer's Profile
When I was a little girl, I've always envied students who carried big, black, rectangular bags. That would signify them as art students. And I've always told myself, one day I, too would like to be like one of them. They look so cool. Well today, I have long fulfilled that dream of mine. Being a graphic designer, I've been carrying that big, black, rectangular bag (well..it's the portfolio) around for interviews and presentations. And that was my first dream.
Then there's the other major dream, travelling. I've always wondered, will I ever get to travel and see the world. Coming from a middle-income family, my parents have always brought us (me and my two siblings) travelling. We would go to Malaysia as we have relatives staying there. But that was that. Before 2004, I have never been further than Singapore and Malaysia. But then, things happened and life changes. My life has changed dramatically since my mum passed away about a year ago. That was when I decided to do what I've always wanted to do, travel.
To do that, I will have to start somewhere and it has to be now. I have long procrastinated this. With very little money and very big enthusiasm, I made my way to The Netherlands (a beautiful country). I am lucky enough to have a number of friends and family living in The Netherlands. And it is here that I experienced and saw a lot of things for the first time in my life. And I don't intend to make this my last....
Thanks to Uncle Farid and Aunt Hasnah, for without their hospitality and kindness, my trip to Europe wouldn't be possible at all. You are the best. Muuachhss!!
So this VT homepage of mine, I dedicate to my beloved mum. I wish I still have her here by my side, to share these beautiful experiences with me.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 65 Reviews
- 343 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- beetlebummer and Anunanu are now friends.
- Commented on giampiero6's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Friendly Environment"
- Wrote a Review Friendly Environment in Singapore Hotels
updated their Personal Page "Umrah 2006"
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: Transportation from KLIA to..."
- updated a Batu Pahat Travelogue "Batu Pahat - More on The Big House"
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Brugge Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harderwijk Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dunkerque Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Batu Pahat Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muiden Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 1 travelogue