"Again an Old Fortress" Badajoz by hartti
Badajoz Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 53 photos
The appearance of the Solitude does not follow classic the scheme pastoral. It does not happen here like in many places, in where the legend and the tradition are intermingled. The chosen ones were men, fervent catholics who were in Badajoz. The name of the human protagonist was: D. Francisco Tutavila and of Tufo, that proposed the cult of the Virgin.
There exists one of the strongest European fortresses in Badajoz. It has been conquested only few times. The fortress stands on a hill close to river Guadiana with high walls. It has been grounded by Arab Ibn Marwan in 875.
Just close the castle I could see that the phenomeon we in Finland are calling as "Turku desease" is spread even here. The term "Turku desease" means that the old more or less beautiful old houses in the cester are destroyed under the new expensive block houses.
Perhaps is the more representative monument of the city. It consists of a door ready in front of the Bridge of Palms,... more travel advice
hartti's Related Pages
Badajoz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Again an Old Fortress"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Badajoz
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Badajoz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Badajoz
Photos in BadajozSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Lima Intro, 26 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Departamento de Lima Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turku Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pueblo Libre Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otuzco Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vitoria Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Huancayo Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
No friends yet.